Hello Ladies and Gentlemen! Welcome to the Types of Alcohol- Beginner?s Guide.In the very trendy world in which we live the subject of Alcohol is very common. It is very important to know what these Spirits are made of and what flavor you must appreciate in a particular alcohol. So here?s the Types of Alcohol- Beginner?s Guide present in the market.
Occasions where you talk about alcohol| Types of Alcohol- Beginner?s Guide
You would have faced a lot of situations where people are talking about alcohol. Be it a marriage, a reception, a formal meeting with your client or with boss, a date, party at a friend?s place, so on and so forth. Types of Alcohol- Beginner?s Guide will certainly help you tackle such situations very efficiently and characteristically.
Reason you need to know about Alcohol| Types of Alcohol- Beginner?s Guide
I am sure you would have heard about James Bond. If you have heard about him then I am sure you would know about the charismatic style that he has. He has the style to make any lady drop her panties. That what I am talking about. The way he orders his drinks is so spectacular that the whole world wants to copy that style while ordering their Martini ?shaken not stirred?. This is what Types of Alcohol- Beginner?s Guide will help you achieve.
Now project a Gentleman/Lady who is stealing the show away when it comes to ordering an alcoholic beverage. He/she is describing the drink like it is poetry. And on the other hand there is a man/ woman who orders like this- ?one beer please?. Think which one do you want to be?
Do you want to impress the people by portraying them your knowledge about Alcoholic spirits and the appropriate style to drinking it or do you still want to be another one of Tom, Dick & Harry who orders ?one beer please?.
Types of Alcohol| Types of Alcohol- Beginner?s Guide
- Wine- Wine is an alcoholic beverage made with the fermented juice of grapes.Fermentation is a process in which Yeast(added to juice or natural) acts with the sugar present in grape juice. Fermentation is a chemical process and end result of this process is carbon dioxide and Alcohol. Wine is of three types-
- Red Wine
- White Wine
- Sparkling Wine
Red Wine is usually served in a red wine goblet and its appreciated by its aromas. Serving temperature is 13?18C.
White Wine is usually served in white wine goblet and the temperature is between 7?10C
Sparkling Wine is usually served in a Champagne tulip at a temperature of 8C.
- Vermouth- Vermouth is a fortified wine. Fortified wine means adding brandy to wine to increase its alcoholic strength. It is usually aromatized with the flavor of some herbs and spices. Vermouth is usually taken before meals to enhance the appetite hence taken before meals. Vermouth is also used in many cocktails.
- Brandy- Brandy is an alcoholic beverage made by distilling wine to increase its alcoholic content. You must have heard about a lot of American singers using the word Hennessey and Remy Martin in their songs. Both of them belong to the brandy family. These are brands of Cognac which is produced in the Cognac part of the France. Cognac is also the most prestigious brandy in the world.
- Champagne/Sparkling wine-Sparkling wine is a kind of wine which has carbon dioxide in it. It is usually white but can be of ros in color also. It is famous for the fizz. In some parts of the world there is a culture of popping a bottle of champagne. Champagne is a sparkling wine produced in the Champagne region of France. Some of the famous brands are Dom Preignon, Kurg, Moet et Chandon, Louis Roederer.
- Beer- Beer is an alcoholic beverage which is produced by fermentation of barley. Beer has four key ingridients- grain(barley), water, yeast(for fermentation) and hops.It is a gateway drink for many. Some examples are- Budviser(USA), Coors(USA), Carlsberg(Denmark), Hoegaarden(Belgium), Guinness(Scotland), Corona(Mexico), Kingfisher(India), Stella Artois(Belgium), Tiger Lager(Singapore).
- Whisky-Whisky is an alcoholic beverage which is made by the distillation of malted grains. It is colorless when it is made and gets it color when stored in wooden barrels or casks to get aged. When it is distilled it has a very sharp flavor but due to the process of aging in wooden barrels to get the well rounded, the most appriciated flavor and aromas. The most popular whiskies come from-
1. Scotland- Scotch Whisky(Glenfiddich, Glenmorangie, Cardhu, Chivas Regal, Jhonnie Walker, Ballentines, J&B Rare)
2. Ireland- Irish Whisky(Jameson, Middleton, Redbrest)
3. USA- American Whiskey(Jim Beam, Jack Daniel?s, George Dickel)
4. Canada- Rye Whiskey(Alberta Premium, Crown Royal)
- Rum- Rum is an alcoholic beverage which is made with the help of molasses(by product of sugar making process). Rum can be white, golden or dark depending on the time it has been aged. Some examples are Bacardi, Havana Club, Captain Morgan, Contessa, Appleton.
- Vodka- Vodka is a neutral spirit(no flavor/aging) which is distilled fromgrains/potato starch. Vodka has its origins in Poland and Russia. As it has no flavor of its own it now also comes in many infused flavors. It is best served ice chilled. As it has no flavor so many mixers go along but it is famous with Orange Juice. Major brands are Ciroc, Absolut, Belvedere, Smrinoff, Skyy, Finlandia.
- Gin- Gin is also a neutral spirit with the infused flavors of Juniper berries and some other herbs. Gin is best served ice chilled. It is always served with a slice of lemon.Tonic water(quinine flavored aerated water) is a popular mixer. Some brand names areBol, Booth?s, Gordon?s, Tanqueray, Beefeater, Bombay Supphire, Hendrick?s.
I hope you are well educated to your drinks. Have a great weekend. Cheers!!