What is Apple?s MDM Solution
What is Apple MDM?
Apple MDM is a cloud-based device management system to streamline device deployment, enrollment, security and collaboration for iOS devices such as iPads and iPhones. Apple MDM solutions are available for iPads, iPhones and macOS devices used for business or education. These devices can be corporate-owned, corporate-shared or employee-owned. With Apple MDM solution, enterprises can manage their company-owned Apple devices as well as BYO (Bring your own) devices. Using an MDM for Apple devices, company IT can enforce security policies and distribute applications and content irrespective of device location.
[Note : Please check also Oneteam by Scalefusion]
How to get started with Apple MDM?
To start managing Apple devices for work, IT admins need to use Apple DEP (Device Enrollment Program) within the Apple Business Manager. Devices purchased from Apple, authorized reseller or authorized carrier can be added in Apple DEP. For devices purchased from other sources, IT needs to manually supervise devices using Apple Configurator 2.
Once the devices are supervised, they can be enrolled in Scalefusion MDM.
iOS as well as macOS devices can be enrolled into Scalefusion iOS MDM using Apple Business Manager.
What can IT do with Apple MDM?
Using Scalefusion Apple iOS MDM, IT admins can effectively enroll, deploy and manage iPads and iPhones in an enterprise environment. IT admins can leverage a variety of capabilities of Scalefusion Apple iOS MDM and do the following tasks:
- Simplify bulk enrollment & policy application out of the box
- Apply comprehensive policies
- Push email and exchange settings
- Whitelist and blacklist applications
- Whitelist and blacklist websites
- Publish enterprise applications
- Push network configurations and security settings
- Remotely cast device screens to troubleshoot issues with an ITSM tool
- Communicate over the air with encrypted messaging & VoIP calling
- Configure the device to run in a single-app mode
- Publish content and presentations on devices
- Schedule recurring tasks such as reboot, lock/unlock and dynamic policy application
- Schedule alerts for battery compliance and data usage compliance
- Manage BYO devices without compromising on user privacy
How to Enroll your iOS device into an MDM
What can IT do with Apple macOS MDM?
- Enroll bulk devices and apply policies out of the box with Apple DEP
- Allow or restrict applications, set app preferences
- Whitelist websites and enforce content filters
- Apple curfews to limit device usage
- Restrict media and sharing
- Configure email and exchange settings
- Manage employee-owned devices without compromising on user privacy
Manage Apple devices easily with Scalefusion Apple MDM solution that accelerates the employee?s productivity while making use of the versatile capabilities of Apple devices.
Related Articles :
Upgrade DEP to Apple Business Manager
Remote Management for iPads & iPhones
What is Apple DEP
Manage Multiple iPads in Business
iOS apps Distribution without App Store