Black Tourmaline is probably ?the? stone when dealing with negative energy. Not only does black tourmaline help get rid of negative energy, it also work on attracting positive energy. Black tourmaline has other interesting qualities that truly makes it a mysterious gemstone.
Note about gemstones: Remember the power is always in us our consciousness is more powerful than any outside sources. When using gemstone balancing, do not put all of your faith into the objects.
The physical qualities of Black Tourmaline
Unlike most minerals tourmaline does not have a beginning in which it was discovered by excavation. It is believed however that conquistadors mistook green tourmaline to be emeralds, but were later found out to be a totally different species of minerals. Later scientist would classify them as tourmaline as well as other gems that would fall into this elabaits classification.
Tourmaline comes in various colors and patterns, denoted by horizontal stripes.
- Rubellite: Tourmaline that is red, purplish red, brownish red, orangy red, or pink.
- Paraiba: An intense greenish blue, only found in the state of Paraiba, Brazil.
- Chrome: Intense green
- Watermelon: Pink in the center and green around the outside
Black tourmaline is not necessarily black but is a mixture of all the colors of the minerals in its surroundings. The general mineral make up of tourmaline is a base of Boron Silicate mineral with a generalized chemical composition of:XY 3Z 6(T 6O 18)(BO 3) 3V 3 W
Letters in the formula above represent positions in the atomic structure of tourmaline that can be occupied by ions listed below.
Without getting too much into the chemistry of Tourmaline, it is a mineral that has the ability to attack many other minerals.
Spiritual uses of Black Tourmaline
Remember we are not talking about every tourmaline in this article. The color spectrum of each stone, along with it?s vibrations gives it its balancing properties.
Black Tourmaline is a very versatile gemstone. For one the black tourmaline is of all spectrums of the rainbow, that is why it is black. However it is void of most light which is the definition of dark. It has both negative and positive properties.
The color and the light spectrum of black tourmaline make it a perfect conduit for balancing. This would be the balance of positive and negative. Because tourmaline is of all the colors it works on the balancing and grounding of all the chakras.
Black Tourmaline qualities
- Protection from negativity: Black tourmaline?s male energy has the ability to block negative energy, in this sense it becomes as a protector.
- Accepting positive energy: The feminine energy of tourmaline is a receiver to positive energy.
- Chakra Balancing: Tourmaline has a large number of colors in the color spectrum so it works on balancing all of the chakras basic negative and positive energy.
- Transformation: it also has the ability to turn dense energy (not necessarily negative energy) into light
Physical qualities of tourmaline
- Calm mind: It helps with calming the mind when too much negativity is in the air. Basically helping with the monkey mind.
- Strengthens the immune system
- Helps with detoxification
- Balancing the right and left hemisphere of the mind
How to care for Black Tourmaline
One of the most interesting things about black tourmaline is that it needs very little care. Many crystal healers believe that when a black tourmaline is finished with it?s job, it will either break into pieces or you may loose the entire mineral.
cleansing and charging may help with this effect. When a crystal looses their properties, and they can after a while, they need to be cleansed and charged.
One way to do this is by letting it sit under a new moon to cleanse and put it under a fool moon so that it may charge. Some people leave their crystals in the sun, this is not a bad idea for black tourmaline and can help in the recharging process.
Also helpful but not entirely necessary are charging stations. these are stations that have a base crystal that can help speed up or motivate the charging of a crystal.
Originally published at https://www.theemanata.com on April 21, 2019.