The Actual Best Quotes from HIMYM
HIMYM promo: Source
One of my favorite parts about How I Met Your Mother is how many legen-wait for it- dary quotes it has. Better yet, there are both hilarious and interesting quotes. It?s surprising how in a show that is so funny, it does a phenomenal job of making us also think. That?s why HIMYM is among the best.
It wasn?t until I recently re-watched the series that I finally decided to keep track of the best quotes and rank them. I knew that they must be shared with the world. Just like me, I think you?ll be impressed.
The characters of the show at their usual hangout, MacLaren?s: Source
1. ?Whatever you do in this life, it?s not legendary unless your friends are there to see it.? ? Barney Stinson, (?Sunrise?)
2. ?If you?re not scared, you?re not taking a chance, and if you?re not taking a chance, then what the hell are you doing?? ? Ted Mosby (?The Window?)
Ted hoisting the blue french horn: Source
3. ?Every night can?t be legendary. If all nights are legendary, no nights are legendary.? ? Ted Mosby (?Now We?re Even?)
4. ?I know it?s a mistake, but there are certain things in life where you know it?s a mistake, but you don?t really know it?s a mistake, because the only way to really know it?s a mistake is to make the mistake, and look back and say, ?Yep, that was a mistake.? So, really, the bigger mistake would be to not make the mistake because then you?d go your whole life not really knowing if something is a mistake or not.? ? Lily Aldrin (?Milk?).
Ted and Barney?s legendary high five: Source
5. ?It?s only once you?ve stopped that you realize how hard it is to start again.? ? Ted Mosby, (?Unfinished?)
6. ?If you?re looking for a word that means caring about someone beyond all rationality and wanting them to have everything they want, no matter how much it destroys you, it?s ?love.?? ? Ted Mosby, (?Sunrise?)
HIMYM promo: Source
7. ?It?s not about proof; it?s about faith. Faith is what gives life shape and meaning.? ? Marshall Eriksen, (?Tailgate?)
8. ?You can?t design your life like a building. It doesn?t work that way. You just have to live it, and it will design itself. Listen to what the world is telling you to do and take the leap.? ? Lily Aldrin (?The Leap?)
The gang singing in ?Girls Versus Suits?: Source
9. ?Never underestimate the power of destiny. Because when you least expect it, the littlest thing can cause a ripple effect that changes your life.? ? Ted Mosby (?Lucky Penny?)
10. ?Because sometimes, even if you know how something?s going to end, that doesn?t mean you can?t enjoy the ride.? ? Ted Mosby (?Monday Night Football?)
How I Met Your Mother undoubtedly has plenty of quotes to make us think, and that?s part of why it is my favorite show. It also explores plenty of themes, including faith, friendship, passion, and much more, which I write about for each season of the series. AND, HIMYM inspired me to start publishing my writing in the first place: