TWiML Talk 246
In this special bonus episode of the podcast, we?re joined by Ewin Tang, a PhD student in the Theoretical Computer Science group at the University of Washington.
Subscribe: iTunes / Google Play / Spotify / RSS
In our conversation, Ewin and I dig into her paper ?A quantum-inspired classical algorithm for recommendation systems,? which took the quantum computing community by storm last summer. We haven?t called out a Nerd-Alert interview in a long time, but this interview inspired us to dust off that designation, so get your notepad ready!
Join me at Pegaworld!
We?d like to join Pegasystems, who is sponsoring today?s episode, in inviting you to meet meat the MGM Grand in Las Vegas June 2nd-5th at PegaWorld, the company?s annual digital transformation conference.
Pegasystems puts AI at the center of its customer engagement software so that it optimizes every customer touchpoint on every channel in real time. That way each interaction is relevant and timely to each individual customer, no matter if it?s a sales call, a digital marketing campaign or a customer service chat either online or in-store, and the system always learning in real-time to make the next interaction better.
Pega?s customers are the real stars at PegaWorld. There you?ll hear great stories of AI applied to the customer experience at real Pega customers. The event is a great way to learn from a who?s who of the Fortune 500, and of course, I?ll be there and speaking as well.
To register, visit pegaworld.com and use the promo code TWIML19 when you sign up for $200 off. Again that?s TWIML19. It?s as easy at that. Hope to see you there!
Dev Summit attendees received an awesome gift box from Google that included some fun toys that will appeal to the hackers and builders in our audience, including the new Coral Edge TPU device and the SparkFun Edge development board powered by TensorFlow. If you?re a geek like me and get excited about toys like these, I?m excited to tell you that we?ve got our hands on a few of these for you, our dedicated listeners. To enter to win one, just visit twimlai.com/tfgiveaway and let us know what you would do with this kit if you got your hands on it.
The O?Reilly Artificial Intelligence Conference is returning to New York in April and we have one FREE conference pass for a lucky listener! Visit twimlai.com/ainygiveaway for more details.
- Ewin?s Personal Page
- Ewin on Twitter
Mentioned in the Interview
- Paper: A quantum-inspired classical algorithm for recommendation systems
- Paper: Fast Monte-Carlo Algorithms for finding Low-Rank Approximations
- Paper: Competitive Recommendation Systems
- Paper: Quantum Recommendation Systems
- Paper: Quantum Machine Learning Algorithms: Read the Fine Print
- Blog Post: An overview of quantum-inspired classical sampling
- Paper: Quantum-inspired classical sublinear-time algorithm for solving low-rank semidefinite programming via sampling approaches
- Paper: Forrelation: A Problem that Optimally Separates Quantum from Classical Computing
- Download our AI Platforms eBook Series!
- Check out all of our great series from 2018 at the TWiML Presents: Series page!
- TWiML Online Meetup
- Register for the TWiML Newsletter
?More On That Later? by Lee Rosevere licensed under CC By 4.0
Originally published at twimlai.com on April 1, 2019.