Unified Extensible Firmware Interface offers analytical tests to check if the computer hardware is working correctly by separating hardware failures. After checking the Blue screen on Windows 10, if rebooting the Boot device does not found any error, then it is important to know about this tool. If you want to use it, then this blog might be useful for you. Go through the blog and follow the procedure to use the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI.
It is essential to remind the tool is used to exterior the Windows OS. It creates it simple to set the hardware failures from the problems that occur due to OS or the application. It checks for the issue in RAM, Memory and Hard drive. If it fails, it will display the 24 digit failure ID. HP PC hardware diagnostics has the two versions ? the UEFI version and the Windows version. The UEFI version will be used when it is unable to boot on Windows.
- UEFI Extensive and Fast test
- How to run UEFI Tests
- HP PC Hardware Diagnostics on Windows
- How to install the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI
How to Run UEFI
If you want to run UEFI tests, then you can follow the provided steps:
If PC has a UEFI diagnostics tool installed on PC, it will open via the F2 key. Although if a tool is not installed, users can make the USB.
- Switch Off the PC and then switch it On.
- Click on the F2 key till the UEFI section launches.
- Choose the option you want below the various diagnostic tools in the UEFI section.
- Then the tool will run Fast Test to discover the problems of hardware. If there will be no issues detected, but PC has the hardware issues, then it may execute an Extensive Test.
UEFI Extensive and Fast Test
- The screen will show a progress box on the Command display prompt with predicted time left to finish the test. You have to click on ESC to cancel it but always prefer when there is no other option left.
- If a tool is unable to locate an error, then you should check the Passed message as it will begin the extensive test. The procedure will remain similar for the Hard Disk. As Smart Check approved, the Short DTS check will be failed. It will then show the drive number, Failure ID as well as the Product ID.
- If you get the same, then you can open the HP customer support site and then insert the product ID, code and then choose the country to solve the issue.
How to Install the HP PC Diagnostics UEFI
If you want to install the HP PC Diagnostics UEFI, then abide by the given instructions:
- Navigate to Hardware Diagnostics site.
- Download the HP Diagnostics UEFI.
- Find the file and run the EXE file.
- Follow the install wizard to accept the license consent.
- Tap on Next.
- Then you have to choose between the installation location for Hardware Diagnostics programs.
- Press Next.
- To download on the PC to test, select UEFI Partition on the Hard drive.
- To download to the USB drive, choose the USB flash drive option.
- Tap on Install.
- Select Yes to make the HP_TOOLS partition.
- Wait until the software installs.
- Tap on Finish o closes the wizard.
To run the tool from a USB drive
If you wish to run the tool from USB drive, then pursue the given instructions:
- Connect USB device then switch On the PC.
- Click on the Esc key continuously until it shows the Startup section.
- Tap on the F2 to choose the System Diagnostics and the preferred language from the options.
- It will open the PP PC Diagnostics home page displaying the USB and the version number.
- You can now select to run
- Component tests
- System tests
- Symptom tests
- You can access the modify language or the test logs or leave.
Diagnostics for Windows
If users like to access the computer but have a hardware failure for input devices, audio, or video, then you have to download the version of Windows. They have an application in a Microsoft store. Same as the UEFI tool, it provides components, systems, or symptom tests.
Blair Lennon is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technology industry since 2002. As a technical expert, she has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.