Google Chrome web browser needs no introduction to anyone. It is amongst the best and most used web browser around the world. Google has designed Chrome, and it is amongst the best browsers till date. It has loads of amazing and easy to use features to offer to its users. Majority of smartphone and Windows PC users use Chrome. Besides this, several amazing and useful extensions can easily be added on your Google Chrome browser. Extensions usually make browsing easier and more convenient. Besides all of this, Chrome throws an error sometimes, which shows Chrome Updates Disabled By Your Administrator. The error mainly occurs when you manually try to update Google Chrome browser on your PC. If you are facing this issue then, fortunately, you have come to the right place. In this article, I have listed the best methods which can fix this issue in Chrome browser on your Windows PC.
source : Fix Chrome Updates Disabled
By resetting Google Chrome
Resetting Chrome browser is usually amongst the first and most effective method ever to fix such errors. Resetting your Chrome browser will set everything back to the default and will fix this error in no time. To reset your Chrome browser, follow the steps listed below:
- At first, open the Chrome browser with a double-click on its shortcut.
- Now, click on the menu bar that is available as three lines at the top right corner of the screen.
- After that, choose the settings option from the menu list.
- Inside the Settings tab, click on the Advanced settings option at the bottom of the page.
- After that, choose the Restore Settings to their defaults option available under Reset and clean up section.
- At last, confirm and apply the changes by clicking on the Blue Reset Settings button that will appear in a new window.
By modifying the registry
It is another method available to you if you could not have resolved this issue with the above method mentioned. Modifying the registry is not very easy and has to be done properly to avoid any other issues on your computer. Modifying a registry is a bit technical, and you have to go through the steps carefully to modify an entry on your PC. Generally, users do not know about this method, but it is quite effective than any of the other methods. To modify the registry, follow the steps listed below:
- First of all, Press Windows Key + R to open up the Run dialog box.
- Type ?regedit? in the search bar and click on OK.
- After that, go to the registry below:
- If you can?t locate it, then try
- After that, double click on the Default registry.
- Under the Value Data, type 1 in the dialog box
- Click on OK and exit from that registry.
Bradon Wilson is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.