Here are 3 amazing methods of cleaning a glass pipe from wikihow
Method 1: Use of Rubbing Alcohol
- Removing any loose filth from the pipe. Simply hold the pipe in an up-side-down position, then tap gently to remove any of the loose particles. Use a pipe cleaner, mechanical pencil, needle, cotton swab or maybe a thin object to remove the large and easily extricated resin bits within reach.
- Fill a sealable plastic bag with rubbing (isopropyl) alcoholBuy 90% isopropyl, it cleans the glass pipe even faster than a 71% watered-down solution. Ensuring it is fully submerged. Alcohol has the property to break down the resin and tar.
- Add one tablespoon of salt to the plastic bagHere, the salt will act as the abrasive sponge on the pipe, thus scrubbing away resin in the places you could not reach using the brush or sponge. Kosher or coarse salt is the best option to use.
- Shake the pipe inside the bag, ensuring the salt reaches inside of your pipeIt?s advisable to shake the bag for about 1 to 2 minutes, or until the pipe becomes visibly clean.
- Soak the pipe for long hours to remove very dirty pipesAdd a plop of fresh isopropyl then let the pipe sit, submerged inside the fluid for relatively many hours before you shake it again. For 71% isopropyl alcohol, you?ll have to add a little more salt.
- Rinse the pipe using hot waterAfter removing all the salt and alcohol from the glass pipe, discard everything else into the toilet.
- Use cotton swabs or pipe cleaner to clean the remaining spots
Method 2: Use of Boiling Water
- Remove any protracted ash or gunkPerform a quick and basic pipe cleaning by knocking out all the loose resin with a cotton swab wiping and dislodging any larger gunk particles. Don?t use cold water.
- Boil some water in a potEnsure the water is enough to cover up the whole pipe, if possible by about 3?4 inches to be safe.
- Submerge the pipe in waterThe pipe must be fully submerged in the water, and as it boils and evaporates, be around to ensure your pipe do not remain alone inside the hot pan, it may crack.
- Let the pipe sit in simmering water for 20?30 minutesRemove the pot from heat the check whether the pipe still has some residue. Since it will be so hot, use oven mitt to check it, but do not douse the glass pipe in cold water, it will shatter.
- Use cotton swab or pipe cleaner to remove any excess residueIn case it has some water stains, soak the pipe in a mixture of lemon juice and 2?3 tablespoons of clean water and allow it to air dry.
Method 3: Use of Alternate Cleaning Solution
- Use denture cleaning tabletsPlace your pipe at the bottom of a Tupperware, then fill it with hot water covering the top. Then put in 2?3 denture tabs and allow it to sit and soak for about 30 minutes. Other domestic leaning methods include; salt and vinegar, baking soda and vinegar and sand and water.
- Buy specialty cleaning solutionsProducts such as simple green and formula 420 are meant for cleaning glass pipe resins. However, they are more expensive than the DIY solutions.
- Freeze the pipe to eliminate hard buildupsFreezing the pipe makes the resin to harden and dry, and that makes them easy to dislodge. This should take about 30 minutes, then you can use some sharp or thin object to knock the resin.
- Regular cleaning of the pipeYou can be take care of glass pipe at least once every week for just five minutes by rinsing and soaking the pipe in some isopropyl. This will keep you from deep cleaning and overnight soakings.