Mathematics is an important part of our life. Very often we make use of counting, multiplication, addition, percentages and so on. But, how calculus helps us in real life? This is a common question students ask very frequently. Many of us are never again going to use calculus directly in our life. But, just because we are not going to use calculus directly, doesn?t mean it is not important to study. Here I am going to discuss how calculus is useful in real life.
1) Perfect shapes like square, circle, cubes can be solved using geometry and algebra concepts. But in nature, everything is not in perfect shape and size. Suppose you need to find the area of an irregular shape, with the help of calculus concepts easily you can find it.
2) Calculus often used in economics. Calculus use to determine the right time for buying and selling of products, how many people buy it, the margin value of a particular product and other requires instance changes. It helps economist to grow up their business.
3) Engineering is the field where calculus used most often. Calculus is required by architects and engineers to determine the size and shape of the curves. Without the use of calculus roads, bridges, tunnels would not be safe as they are today.
4) Biologist also makes use of calculus in many applications. They use calculus concepts to determine the growth rate of bacteria, modeling population growth and so on. In medical field also calculus is useful.
Calculus also use indirectly in many other fields.
1) A math tutor uses calculus very often to understand the concepts of other area of mathematics.
2) Calculus used to improve the safety of vehicles.
3) Credit card companies use calculus for payments.
4) Space technology makes use of calculus concepts many ways.