? WE JUST HIT 10,000 VIEWS ON THIS GUIDE! THANK YOU FOR SHARING! ?
?Check out a new Instagram I?m running in response to quarantining all day at home: https://www.instagram.com/thesocialdistancekitchen/ ?
New to Southern California? Don?t know your way around the halal food scene? Scroll down to see a list of some of my favorite food spots in the area.
- ? Check out my collection of 80+ halal spots in Southern California here.
- ? Read my newest halal guide here.
- ? Subscribe to email updates on new halal restaurants here.
| LOS ANGELES |
Dave?s Hot Chicken?
- Some of the best halal fried chicken you can have.
- The line is INSANE at times. Be prepared to wait.
- You can choose your spice levels. Medium is not too hot but enough to feel the pain ?.
- You can also sign a waiver to opt for the ?reaper? level. I don?t make the rules?it?s to ensure you don?t sue the establishment for destroying your tastebuds!!
- What?s good: Tenders and sliders. French fries are fire too.
Big Al?s ?
- Halal pizzeria with unique pizzas, fire wings, amazing beef brisket, and homemade sauces.
- Selected as Yelp?s Top 100 places to eat in the U.S. in 2015 and 2018.
- Seating is limited and it often gets really crowded. It?s 100% worth the wait though.
- What?s good: Literally everything. But, some tops are the BBQ Brisket Sub(smoked for 16 hours!!), Red Dragon Wings, BBQ Chicken Pizza, Lebanese Garlic Chicken Pizza, and Carne Asada Pizza.
- Super unique and artsy Pakistani food truck in Downtown Los Angeles.
- First and only desi spot that uses halal wagyu beef!
- All art and design is done in-house by the founders.
- Usually in the Arts District but check their IG for location.
- What?s good: Reshma Roll with halal wagyu beef, jalebi sundae made with Jeni?s ice cream, Basanti Lassi.
Simpang Asia ?
- Authentic Indonesian spot with awesome interior design.
- Ask for their seasonal menu for really unique items!
- Complimentary valet parking.
- What?s good: Mie Tek Tek, Tumeric Fried Chicken, Nasi Bungkus, Beef Rendang Beef.
Fatima?s Grill ?
- Halal Lebanese-Mexican Fusion Joint.
- The owner, Ali Elreda, is extremely friendly and hospitable. His story of going from serving 7.5 years in jail to running one of LA?s most popular spots is inspiring.
- Check out their viral video on FoodBeast.
- What?s good: BBQ Brisket Fries, Shawarma Fries, Califusion Quesadilla, Triple Threat Tacos (pictured).
| NORTH LA |
786 Degrees ??
- Halal wood-fired Italian pizza.
- 2000~ reviews with a ????? average.
- Received Best Pizza in the Nation award at IBIE.
- Tell them it?s your first time and you?ll get a nice surprise 🙂
- What?s good: Bombay Tikka Masala, Fungi Lama, El Chapo
Urban Skillet ?
- Trendy fusion spot in the Noho Arts District.
- Lots of seating and a cool communal table in the middle.
- Recently got new management and a fresh new menu!
- What?s good: Southern BBQ Burger, Slow-cooked brisket burger.
NY Chicken + Gyro ?
- It?s like halal guys but actually good.
- 1000~ reviews with a ????? average!
- What?s good: Chicken platter, beef platter, White sauce
- Halal Argentinian cafe!
- HIDDEN GEM ? ? located in an indoor swap meet store
- What?s good: Beef/chicken empanada, Choripan sandwich
| SOUTH LOS ANGELES |
Pura Vida Mexican Food ?
- Authentic halal Mexican taqueria
- What?s good: California Burrito, Carne Asada burrito/taco/fries, Chorizo omelet.
- Legendary halal Chinese joint
- Perfect for the whole family. Lots of seating inside and outside
- What?s good: Orange Chicken, Mongolian Beef, Short Ribs, Sesame shallot bread, Chow mein
Stix and Straws ?
- Halal meats on sticks with 12+ sauces to dip them into ?
- Recently got a new Muslim owner so everything is halal now
- They also serve waffles, burgers, acai, smoothies, and BOBA
- Located right next to LAX and has plenty of seating
- What?s good: Grilled Chicken, Crispy Chicken, Grilled Beef
| ORANGE COUNTY |
I Can Barbeque ?
- HALAL. KOREAN. BBQ. Yes, you read that right. Just go. Seriously. Do I need to say more??
- (Make sure to ask for the halal menu)
- Lunch and dinner prices vary
- What?s good: Bulgogi, Brisket
Utopia European Cafe ?
- Aesthetic European cafe that serves all halal meat
- Solid for brunch or lunch dates
- Cakes are flown in from Turkey!?? ??
- What?s good: Utopian Latte, Housemade Orange Juice, Housemade Manti
Desert Moon Grill ??
- Authentic Palestinian/Syrian food
- My absolute favorite middle eastern spot in the US. If you?re going to get middle eastern, this is the place to go
- What?s good: $100 Family Platter (pictured), Toshka with chicken
Port of Peri Peri ?
- Halal Portuguese Chicken similar to Nando?s
- Their chicken is all-natural, veg-fed, never frozen and marinated for a minimum of 24 hours
- What?s good: Family Platter, Perimayo Corn
Partially halal spots
- ? Burger Boss(Creekstone): All locations
- ? HiHo Cheeseburger(First Light): Santa Monica| West LA
- ? Meat Cellar(Creekstone): Claremont| Chino
- ? Ike?s Sandwiches: Multiple Locations
- ? Wingstop(specifically ask for halal chicken): La Brea| Long Beach
Middle Eastern/South Asian Dessert Spots
- ? K C Paan and Chaat House
- ? Le Mirage: Ask for Booza (Middle eastern ice cream)
- ? Saffron and Rose
- ? Saffron Spot
- ? Smallcakes: Cupcakery and Creamery
Yelp collection of 70+ halal spots:
Halal Southern California
Explore Simal Adenwala’s favorite Halal Restaurants in Los Angeles, Irvine, Anaheim, Santa Monica, Hollywood and more in Southern California.
Halal food in the San Francisco Bay Area:
Ultimate Halal Food Guide for the San Francisco Bay Area
New to the Bay Area? Not sure your way around in the halal scene? This is your guide to explore cities like San Francisco, Oakland, Berkeley, Fremont, San Jose, Palo Alto, San Mateo, Santa Clara and more!
Halal food in the Sacramento Area:
Ultimate Halal Restaurant Guide for Sacramento Valley
Halal Fried Chicken, Middle eastern, persian, shawarma, pakistani, Hot Chicken, Halal Carribean, Halal Restaurants in Sacramento
Disclaimer: Everything on this list has been verified to be halal unless otherwise stated. Owners and suppliers can change every so often. I advise you to always check in with the employees/owner at the restaurant in person or on the phone to confirm halal status.