Top 5 Difference between Linear Regression and Logistic Regression
- In case of Linear Regression the outcome is continuous while in case of Logistic Regression outcome is discrete (not continuous)
- To perform Linear regression we require a linear relationship between the dependent and independent variables. But to perform Logistic regression we do not require a linear relationship between the dependent and independent variables.
- Linear Regression is all about fitting a straight line in the data while Logistic Regression is about fitting a curve to the data.
- Linear Regression is a regression algorithm for Machine Learning while Logistic Regression is a classification Algorithm for machine learning.
- Linear regression assumes gaussian (or normal) distribution of dependent variable. Logistic regression assumes binomial distribution of dependent variable.