Inline fans move the air effectively and efficiently so that the heat in your grow space does not get above what is comfortable for weed plants, about 90 degrees. Increased heat can cause your plants to become dry and wilted, or to absorb more nutrient solution that they regularly would, causing nutrient burn. More heat also means increased relative humidity in most climates, which can create the perfect environment for mold and pests to infest your plants.
Another benefit of good ventilation is the ability to remove odors from your grow op. Most home growers do not like to advertise the fact that they grow cannabis. This is a personal choice and may not always have to do with the legality of marijuana in your state.
Cannabis plants have a very strong and very recognizable smell, and although home growers certainly love the finished product, you might not want to smell it all day every day and your neighbors most likely do not want to either.
Charcoal or carbon filters offer the most effective means of eliminating this odor. The outbound air from your grow room is passed through a thick pad filled with carbon or activated charcoal, which uses chemical absorption to remove odors from the ventilated air. The molecules carrying the cannabis odor are trapped inside of the pores of the carbon molecules. This is one of the most effective odor filtration methods available and has served weed farmers well for years.
Factors to Consider When Purchasing the Best Carbon Filter Fan Combo
- Material: The main factor that you need to consider is the material used in the construction of the carbon filter. Many filters are made of galvanized steel making them durable and better performance. Carbon filter made using premium material are pricier compared to other materials. Also, the maintenance of carbon filter made of premium material is easier.
- Pre-filters: Many quality carbon filters come with pre-filters. They play a major role in assisting in the elimination of dust particles in grow room. In addition, they make inline fan and carbon filter work more efficiently while increasing the carbon filter life span.
- Compactness and portability: If you want a carbon filter that has very little noise or vibration, then look for one that has a compact size. Compact carbon filters likewise have better smell and odor absorbent capabilities. On top of that, you can transport it easily from one position to another in the grow room.
- Thickness: Filters that have thicker carbon has better absorption abilities. Furthermore, Filters that has more carbon thickness will absorb more odor compared to those with less thick carbon. Nevertheless, they are worth every cent
iPower Inline Fan, Carbon Filter, Ducting & Clamps Combo
Last but not least, here is the best carbon filter for grow tent growers that want to get started right away. This is a combination package that includes all of the materials needed to set up a heavy duty ventilation system in your grow room. This package deal includes an eight inch fan, carbon filter, and 25 feet of flexible ducting. The filter is made with 1050 + IAV Australian carbon.
The 745 CFM fan has a lower than average noise level, made with UL components and high quality materials. The aluminum ducting comes with clamps to attach it to the fan and filter, although you may need to purchase additional clamps depending on the configuration of your grow room and ventilation holes.
- All equipment included for convenience
- Quiet running fan
- Virgin Australian carbon filter
- No warranty
- Most expensive option
- May require additional clamp
Eco Farm 6 Inch Carbon Filter and Inline Duct Fan
Eco Farm is a high-range air purifier will transfer cooling or cooling to rooms is a reasonably quiet way. It also purifies the air and removes odors by sucking the air in your room and sacking it out of the room. Ordinarily, the air ducting is made of aluminum material that is corrosion proof and temperature resistant while providing flexibility and will not break when installing. It features a reversible flange and cone-shaped base that allow full use of active carbon.
Its Inline Duct Fan has a Leather sheath that helps to reduce vibration and noise. In addition to that, it features a variable speed controller and you can adjust the speed from low, medium to high speed. In brief, the item is ETL certificated.
Features of Product
- Made from thick and durable aluminum
- Cone shaped base and reversible flange
- Variable speed controller
- Easy to install
- Quick and reasonably quiet
- Remove odors and purifies the air
- ETL certificated
- Filter may get clogged more quickly
CONS Filter may get clogged more quickly
TopoLite 4? Inline Fan Ducting Combo Air Carbon Filter
TopoLite Air Carbon Filter is an expert in eliminating the odor in your living space. This product will use Coal activated carbon that is environmentally friendly and a Carbon Layer with a thickness of 1.5 inches. Featuring a center hub and Composite fan blades, this will reduce vibration and noise thus it will work quietly. Moreover, it has a steel housing mesh as well as changeable Velcro Pre-filter.
One great thing about this Air Carbon Filter is that it has a surface Area of about 900 to 1000 Gram per Square Meter and its inner and outer mess provide 53 percent open area to allow increased airflow.
Features of Product
- Steel housing mesh
- 4? fan filter ventilation combo package
- Changeable Velcro pre-filter
- Use coal-based activated carbon
- Inner & outer mesh provides increased airflow
- Thick carbon layer for higher absorption
- Comes with two black elastic bands
Not designed for cannabis use
VIVOSUN Air Filtration Kit
This is the best high end carbon filter fans out there. It comes complete with everything you need for your ventilation system and is not as expensive as other high end options. VIVOSUN is a trusted brand, and you can purchase this kit in four or six inch sizes.
This kit come with a 2500 RPM inline fan, interior and exterior mesh carbon filter, and sturdy ducting with clamps included. It is ready to go right out of the box with no assembly needed.
- Comesin four or six inch sizes
- Comes fully assembled
- Includes fan, filter and ducting
- No hanging hardware
- Only two sizes available
- Relatively expensive comapred with cheap options
Hydro Crunch 4 inch Hydroponic Ventilation Kit
Here is a cheap yet effective all-in-one solution. This kit comes with a fan, filter, and ducting all in one. The system is inexpesnvie compared with other options and is a great choice for anyone looking to save money but still get an effective odor elimination system in their grow tent.
- Six or four inch sizes available
- Comes with fan, filter and ducting
- No hanging hardware
- Cheap price may mean cheap materials
- Only two sizes available