In today?s competitive world everybody is looking to compete with one another trying to prove that they are better. As the competition keeps growing, HR professionals having credible certifications are more likely to stand out from other candidates. The human resource management field is like light years ahead of when the HR responsibilities limit to administrative duties. The HR professionals no doubt still perform tasks like candidate screening, but now they have responsibilities that include planning responsibilities with top executives to strategies direction in shaping key policies of an organization.
The global human resource management market projects to register a CAGR of around 10.35% over the forecast period based on the demand for automation of HR processes.
Today, it is quite evident that HR certification has been moved from being preferred to being required. Below are credible certifications you need to pursue to stay ahead in the HR revolution.
?SPHR: Senior Professional in Human Resources
This certification helps one gain recognition as a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) from the HR Certification Institute (HRCI). It demonstrates that one has the skill of the strategic and policy-making aspects in regards to HR management. This credential and certification are curated for senior professionals those taking responsibility for planning and strategizing rather than implementing HR policy. Companies tend to look out for SPHR for their in-depth knowledge in all HR aspects and understanding business beyond the HR function.
- At least four years of experience in a professional-level HR + a Master?s degree or higher
- At least five years of experience in a professional-level HR position + a Bachelor?s degree
- At least seven years of experience in a professional-level HR position + a high school diploma
?TMI: Talent Management Institute
If you?re looking for a strategic and a practical program to quickly build skills and expertise in using tools that help design and execute flawless talent management strategies, then you?re looking at the right resource program. TMI offers the most sought after professional credentials in certifications by getting access to a phenomenal knowledge framework that most employers look for in their candidates.
To become a talent management practitioner, you need to fall under any one of the criteria:
- Track 1
- Bachelor?s degree in HRM/Business/Management/another related field
- Minimum of 6 month?s work experience
- Track 2
- Bachelor?s degree in another related field
- 2 years or more work experience in HR sub-functions
- Track 3
- Master?s degree/Master?s level diploma in HRM/Business/Management/ Related field
- Currently working in any HR sub-functions
- Track 4
- Master?s degree/ Master?s level diploma in another related field
- Should have 1 year or more work experience in HR sub-functions
- Track 5
- Through TMI-recognized Institution (QualiFLYTM)
- Students (current and past) in Master?s Degree/Master?s Level Diploma in Human Resource Management/ Business/ Management/ Related disciplines from any of the TMI?recognized institutions
- Work experience is not a mandate
- Track 6
- Through TMI?Recognized HR Certifications (QualiFLY?)
- Should have a Bachelor?s degree, possess an active credential by CIPD, HRCI, ATD & other certification bodies whose credentials TMI recognize as worthy of being included under QualiFLY? program.
- Should be currently working in any of the HR sub-functions
?PHR: Professional in Human Resources
PHR certifications are for professionals building their career whose responsibilities are tactical rather than strategic, their main focus is on HR program implementation. Their main focus in on the HR department rather than the entire organization. You can advance your career by taking up Professional in Human Resources (PHR) from HR Certification Institute (HRCI).
- One year experience in an HR position + Master?s degree or higher
- Two years of experience in an HR position + Bachelor?s degree
- Four years of experience in an HR position + a high school diploma
?SHRM-CP: The Society for Human Resource Management ? Certified Professional
HR professionals who take care of implementation policies and strategies, deliver services (HR) and ones that perform operational HR functions are the candidates that must take up he SHRM-CP exam.
In order to fulfill business needs, the SHRM established two competency-based certifications, which is the SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) for early ? and mid-career professionals and the SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) for senior-level practitioners. SHRM is regarded as the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP is the new global standard in certification for the HR profession.
The foundation for these certifications is the SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge (SHRM BoCK?). With the incorporation of key HR competencies and knowledge into the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP exams, the certification is able to demonstrate to the global business community showcasing that the credential holder has an extensive capability in aspects such as HR practice competency that is needed for effective job performance.
Earning an SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP credential gives you that recognition as a recognized expert in the human resource field, making you a credible asset to the organization. This is what will keep you competitive in today?s job scenario proving your high competency and level of knowledge.
There are almost more than 5,000 employers that are seeking SHRM credentialing every month. The SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP credentials depend on the current HR landscape, which is focused on the competencies and skills HR professionals need to lead in this era?s business world. Taking up an HR global certification is important especially for both SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP certification exams.
It is high time that you embrace the change because your career depends on it.