My Top 10 Takeaways From “Unfuck Yourself “ by Gary John Bishop
1. ?Life won?t stop for your pauses and procrastinations. It won?t stop for your confusion or fear. It will continue right along without you. Whether you play an active part or not, the show will go on.?
2. ?you must first accept that while there are things that have happened in your life that you had no say in, you are 100 percent responsible for what you do with your life in the aftermath of those events. Always, every time, no excuses.?
3. ?you are 100 percent responsible for what you do in your life?
4. ?You have the life you?re willing to put up with?
5. ?In simple terms, the language you use to describe your circumstances determines how you see, experience, and participate in them and dramatically affects how you deal with your life and confront problems both big and small.?
6. ?Remember, everything is solve-able, and if you can?t see a solution, it only means you haven?t worked it out yet.?
7. ?Here?s the deal: true relentlessness comes when the only thing you have left is relentlessness. When it seems all is lost and all hope and evidence for success have long since vanished, relentlessness is the fuel that drives you through.?
8. ?found that positive self-talk can dramatically improve mood, boost confidence, increase productivity, and more. Much more. In fact, as evidenced by Professor Hart and his studies, it can be one of the key components to a happy, successful life. The bad news is, the reverse is also true: Negative self-talk can not only put us in a bad mood, it can leave us feeling helpless. It can make small problems seem bigger???and even create problems where none existed before. Here?s the breaking news, your self-talk is fucking you over and in ways you can?t even begin to imagine. With?
9. ?Fate leads the willing, and drags along the reluctant. Either you control your destiny, or your destiny will control you. Life won?t pause for your pauses and procrastinations. It won?t stop for your confusions and fear. It will continue right along without you.?
10. ?Uncertainty is where things happen. Uncertainty is your personal pathway to opportunity. It?s the environment in which you grow, experience new things and produce new, unprecedented results. Uncertainty is where new happens.?