My Top 10 Takeaways From “Awaken The Giant Within” By Tony Robbins
1. ?Enjoy making decisions. You must know that in any moment a decision you make can change the course of your life forever: the very next person you stand behind in line or sit next to on an airplane, the very next phone call you make or receive, the very next movie you see or book you read or page you turn could be the one single thing that causes the floodgates to open, and all of the things that you?ve been waiting for to fall into place. If you really want your life to be passionate, you need to live with this attitude of expectancy.?
2. ?in life, lots of people know what to do, but few people actually do what they know.?
3. ?Why not make cheerfulness, outrageousness, playfulness a new priority for yourself? Make feeling good your expectation. You don?t have to have a reason to feel good???you?re alive; you can feel good for no reason at all!?
4. ?The secret of success is learning how to use pain and pleasure instead of having pain and pleasure use you. If you do that, you?re in control of your life. If you don?t life controls you.?
5. ? In reality, at the time I was being incredibly negative and seeing things worse than they were. I was using my pessimism as a shield. It was my feeble attempt at protecting myself from the pain of failed expectations: I?d do anything to keep from being disappointed once again. But in adopting this pattern, this same barrier that kept me out of pain also kept me out of pleasure. It barred me from solutions and sealed me in a tomb of emotional death where one never experiences too much pain or too much pleasure, and where one continuously justifies one?s limited actions by stating they?re ?just being realistic.?
6. ?The truth of the matter is that there?s nothing you can?t accomplish if: 1) You clearly decide what it is that you?re absolutely committed to achieving, 2) You are willing to take massive action, 3) You notice what?s working or not, and 4) You continue to change your approach until you achieve what you want, using whatever life gives you along the way.?
7. ?Every great, successful person I know shares the capacity to remain centered, clear and powerful in the midst of emotional ?storms.? How do they accomplish this? Most of them have a fundamental rule: In life, never spend more than 10 percent of your time on the problem, and spend at least 90 percent of your time on the solution. Most important, don?t sweat the small stuff? and remember, it?s all small stuff!?
8. ?The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity.?
9. ?The three decisions that control your destiny are: 1. Your decisions about what to focus on. 2. Your decisions about what things mean to you. 3. Your decisions about what to do to create the results you desire.?
10. ?Making a true decision means committing to achieving a result, and then cutting yourself off from any other possibility.?