- Download R from the following link: http://cran.us.r-project.org/.
2. Click on Download R for (Mac) OS X. Click on Download R-3.5.1.pkg (or a newer version) or you use the following direct link: R-3.5.1.pkg.
3. Install R. Leave all default settings in the installation options.
4. (optional) Install XQuartz by clicking on the link and download and install the dmg file.
5. Download RStudio Desktop for mac from the RStudio Website. Next, scroll down and click on the highlighted link in red (or a newer version). You can also directly download it here: RStudio 1.0.153 ? Mac OS X 10.6+ (64-bit) . Choose default installation options.
Click the link highlighted in red to download RStudio
6. Open RStudio. If you want to learn about how to use RStudio, you can see this linear regression tutorial. If you want to learn how to install packages, you can see this tutorial.
Please let me know if you have any questions either here, through the comments section of the youtube video, or through Twitter!