Recently I bought some bulk replacement Jiffy Peat Pellets from Amazon (https://amzn.to/2TlgF1D), but they didn?t come with instructions, and I ended up failing due to direct sunlight. Below are instructions found off of the ?Jiffy Windowsill Greenhouse? box to help anyone else in my position!
- Pour warm water to the bottom tray until the Jiffy Peat Pellets have expanded to around 7 times their original size. Pour off any excess water.
- Pull netting open on top of pellets and sow seeds or plant cuttings, cover lightly and firm down gently.
- Place clear lid on tray and put in a warm spot away from direct sunlight.
- When first seeds sprout, prop the lid open a little. Remove entirely when all seeds have germinated.
- Add water to the tray when the pellets start to turn light brown but don?t over-water.
- Gradually expose the tray to full sunlight and when plants are strong enough, plan out in the garden or container.
- Plant deep enough to cover all the pellet, firm down and water thoroughly.
- The tray and lid are reusable, all you need are replacement Jiffy Peat Pellets (e.g. 100 pack from Amazon https://amzn.to/2TlgF1D).