Facebook Messenger is Facebook?s official messaging and calling app. With your Facebook Messenger app, you can send messages, use emojis and call your friends. The app requires proper internet connectivity to work appropriately. Facebook Messenger offers you multiple calling and messaging features which are quite amazing and easy to use. You can see another user?s last seen and when they were offline. The app will let you know all the details of your messages and every other activity on it. Besides this, viewing archived messages on Facebook Messenger is quite a task for many Facebook users. Users archive specific chats for several personal reasons, but they do not know how to view that archived conversation again in their Facebook Messenger app. If you are a Facebook user and do not know how to see your archived chats in the Facebook Messenger app, then you have come to the right place. Here?re the methods to do so:
By transferring your messages to the Facebook Archive
Transferring your messages to the Facebook archive is amongst the first and best ways to view archived messages. With this method, you can archive any specific chat or message on your Facebook in no time. Besides, you can perform this method only with your PC or laptop. To do so, follow the steps listed below:
- First of all, open up the browser you are currently using.
- After that, login into your Facebook account by entering your account credentials.
- Now, open your PC Messenger app by clicking on that Message icon and choose to See all in Messenger option.
- After that, look for that conversation thread you are willing to archive and all the conversations you will see on the left-hand pane.
- Now, select that Gear icon and click on it that is available next to the chat you are willing to archive.
- Next, choose the Archive option available on the list.
- At last, by clicking on the Archive option, the entire conversations will be in the Archive folder and will be disappeared from the message feed.
Here?s how to view Archived messages on desktop computers
Viewing Archived messages on Facebook Messenger and on the desktop is slightly different. Many of the users find it quite easy seeing archived messages on the app than on the desktop, but seeing archived messages on the desktop is as easy as it sounds.
- First of all, open the web browser you are currently using on your PC.
- Now, login into your Facebook account on your browser.
- After that, choose the messages icon on the screen and select See all in Messenger option.
- Next, choose archived Conversations by clicking on the Gear icon available at the top left corner of the screen.
- Your archived chats folder will appear.
- Now, when you send a reply to any archived chat, it will appear in the messages section of your Facebook.
Mathew Anderson is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Microsoft Office at office.com/setup
Source: Messages on Facebook Messenger