Netgear Orbi mesh WiFi system is one of the leading WiFi devices that comes with incredible features. With the Orbi WiFi system, you can enjoy seamless internet connectivity in your bedrooms, living rooms, and kitchen.
But sometimes Orbi router not works as it should. Dropping connections, unable to connect or Orbi is not responsive, you should then try to reset Orbi router to see if still the issue persist.
Important Point: Performing Orbi router reset will erase all the personalized configure settings such as network SSID name and security passphrase key.
Easy Steps to Reset Netgear Orbi WiFi router
- Ensure that your Orbi router is receiving proper power supply. If not, ensure that it is plugged into an electric power outlet properly.
- With the help of a paper clip, press the reset button and wait until the power LED flash amber.
- Your Orbi router is reset.
How to Install Orbi Router Again?
After resetting, you may need to re-install your Orbi WiFi router.
- First of all, unplug your modem. If your modem use batteries as a backup ? remove it.
- After some time, plug your modem back into an electric power outlet.
- Now, connect your modem to Orbi router.
- Plug your Orbi WiFi mesh system into an electric power outlet. In case the power LED does not light up, press the power button.
- Wait for a couple of minutes for your Orbi LED to become solid.
- For best network coverage, place your Orbi router in the middle of your house.
- Wait for approx. 5 minutes for your Orbi satellite ring to become solid.
How to Set Up Orbi Router Again After Reset?
After re-installation of your Netgear Orbi WiFi router, simply follow the below-mentioned steps to set up your Orbi mesh system:
- Connect your Orbi router to the modem with the help an Ethernet cable.
- Now, connect your computer to Orbi with another Ethernet cable.
- After that, open any of your preferred web browsers and visit orbilogin com website.
- You will land on the Orbi router login page.
- Enter the default Orbi router login credentials and hit on Sign In button.
- Click on the new setup button and simply follow the on-screen instructions to set up the Orbi WiFi mesh system again.
- If your Orbi satellite?s ring LED is pulsing magenta after 60?120 seconds, move your Orbi satellite closer to your Orbi WiFi router, then push the Sync button present on the top of Orbi router and after 120 seconds on your Orbi satellite.
- If your Orbi Satellite is successfully syncing with your Orbi WiFi router, the LED will pulse white, and then illuminate solid blue, and then turns off automatically.
- If you are still struggling with Orbi connection issues, then visit orbilogin net and try to reconfigure the Orbi router settings.
Also read: How to troubleshoot orbi login and setup issues