Shorts are a guy?s best friend especially in the sweltering heat of the summer season. Moreover, some people feel more comfortable when they wear shorts on a day to day basis. Among casual wears shorts usually, hold the greatest significance for all people.
Importance of measurement of shorts.
The correct measurements of all sorts of garments are essential for a perfect fit. Just like that your shorts measurements are essential too, for it to serve the purpose you want e.g. if you want the shorts to rescue you from the scorching heat on a summer day then you may need to get a correct length for a short shorts, similarly if you want it for jogging you would certainly want it to be a little longer in length and so on. So my advice is always to pay special attention to the correct measurement of shorts.
How to measure:
Lay down the shorts on a flat hard surface and smooth out any wrinkles.
1. WAIST: For measuring the waist first button the shorts up. Next spread the shorts flat on the surface, and remove any fullness and wrinkles from it. Lastly, measure from one side to the other and multiply by two.
2. FRONT RISE: With the shorts buttoned-up, spread the shorts on the floor or table; next remove all wrinkles, and measure this region by starting from crotch seam spot to the spot of waistband.
3. BACK RISE: Just like for the front rise, first lay the shorts on a flat surface, remove any wrinkles or fullness if seen then start the measurement beginning from the crotch seam spot to the waistband.
4. INSEAM: Having the shorts buttoned-up, spread the shorts on a surface flat. Next, remove any wrinkles and fullness if present. Now measure the inseam gap from the crotch, at the spot where the front and back seams meet, exactly where, depends on the length you desire ultimately.
5. LENGTH: With the shorts buttoned-up, spread the shorts on a table, floor or any other flat surface, with outseams on both corners. After removing all wrinkles and any fullness, measure the length from the top of the waistband.
6. HALF KNEE: With the shorts buttoned-up, spread the shorts on the floor or some other flat surface. After removing all wrinkles or any fullness, start measuring from one side of the point where it fits your knee upon wearing to the other, which is precisely thirteen inches away from the crotch seam.
7. LEG OPENING: Now in the last step follow the same pattern as the previous steps, which is spread the shorts on a flat surface e.g. table or floor. After removing any fullness or wrinkles, start measurement beginning from one side of the leg opening to the other side of the leg opening.
Pro Tip: If you are selling clothing online, sign up for the free size chart creator.?
For visual learners, please check out the YouTube video below.
? SELLER PRO TIP ?
Create a Free Size Charts for Shorts ?
Cut your returns in half by accurately showing measurements in your listings. Creating size charts with Sizely takes seconds and saves you time in answering size related questions from your customers.
Used by over 35,000 online sellers worldwide, Size.ly helps sellers illustrate sizing measurements.
- Cut returns in half & boost sales at the same time.
- Reduce the number sizing related questions from your customers.
- Works on any platform such as eBay, Poshmark, Etsy, Amazon & more.
- 220+ Designs across all categories.
- Imperial and metric system support for international buyers.
- Save, edit & share measurements in seconds.
Free Size Chart & Template Creator
Create Your Free Size Chart Now
Access over 220 Designs across all major eCommerce categories. 5 Star Reviewed.
Sizely Template Creator in Action
More tips & tricks
For more measurement guides and other seller tips visit our Blog.