You?re trying to get to know someone to decide if you should date them or not.
Where do you even start? How deep do you go on the first date? What do you talk about?
For those extroverted conversationalists, this isn?t a question even worth asking. They just seem to know what to do and say. Usually, anything.
For the introverted silent-types, this can be scary and soul-crushing.
If you want to get to know the other person and not sure what to ask, consider these 42 questions before a serious relationship:
- What brings you the most happiness?
- What annoys, irritates or frustrates you?
- If you aren?t doing what you?re doing, what would you be doing with your life?
- What most stands out from your past?
- What are your life?s dreams and what do you want for your future?
- What?s your favorite color, season, music, song, movie, cuisine?
- If you could change anything about the past, what would you change?
- What do you regret most in your life?
- What is the most valuable lesson from your past?
- Who has influenced you the most in your life?
- What is the super-power you most want to have?
- What did you like/dislike about how your parents related to each other?
- What did you like/dislike about how your parents raised you?
- What did you most learn about yourself from your first relationship? Your most recent relationship?
- Where do you see yourself living?
- Do you want a family? Kids? Pets?
- What does love look like to you?
- What 3 qualities do you most want in a partner?
- How do you feel most loved?
- What makes you feel like you?re cared for?
- Describe the perfect day, including the perfect meal for you?
- What/who are you most thankful for in your life?
- What would you like me to most know about you?
- What do you really not want me to know about you?
- What do you do when you get angry?
- How would you like a loved one to resolve a conflict with you?
- What do you do when you feel jealous?
- Do you see yourself having kids? What are your views on parenting, discipline, and education for your children?
- What do you see as your role and your partner?s role in a relationship?
- How do you view and value money?
- How do you want to care for your parents and aging relatives?
- What was one of the funniest experiences in your life?
- What was one of the most embarrassing experiences of your life?
- How do you handle stress?
- How much alone time do you need?
- Are you extroverted or introverted?
- What have you most learned about yourself and your partners from past relationships?
- What are you most afraid of? What makes you most hopeful?
- What is your life?s biggest success, achievement or accomplishment?
- What are you passionate about? What makes you feel most alive?
- What was the worst moment in your life than ending up being the best?
- What is the country you would most like to visit and the experience you would most like to have?
Looking for a serious relationship after heartbreak? Pick up my book, Love After Heartbreak here. (affiliate link)