Photo by Micha? Kubalczyk on Unsplash
Interested in FREE MONEY and investing? Your free stock is waiting for you! Join Robinhood, the Commission free Stock Trading App with the referral code below and you?ll get a FREE share in a company like Apple, Facebook, or Berkshire Hathaway valued up to $200!
Click this link: https://join.robinhood.com/jasona2171
Mixtapes are one of the most effective ways that artists use to promote their music to producers as well as their target audience. The tapes can be found online on different sites and are uploaded at no cost. Some of the well known free sites that artists can upload their mix tapes include:
- datpiff.com ? It is the most popular site to upload music to and has been in existence for many years. The site guarantees artists that their mix tapes will be sampled by their target audience because of the large number of users that visit their site daily.
- livemixtapes.com ? It is also as popular but a second choice for many artists seeking a site to upload their music. The site allows artists to upload their music which their fans can then download or listen to directly on the site.
- staylomixtapes.com ? The site allows artists to upload mix tapes which it categorizes into three namely major, exclusive and Indy. These categories make it easier for users on the site to select the type of mix tapes they want to sample.
- hotnewhiphop.com ? Users are allowed to add mixtapes on a playlist so that they can listen to them continuously. The mixtapes on the site are categorized into the latest, popular and the upcoming ones for the benefit of both the artist uploading and their fans as well.
- Bandcamp.com ? Fans have paid artists $411 million USD using Bandcamp, and $7.5 million in the last 30 days alone.
- Spinrilla.com ? Spinrilla is the destination for hip-hop publishing and discovery connecting independent artists with an engaged fan base hungry for new music. We want the world to experience true, independent hip-hop one track at a time.
- Audiomack ? Millions of fans use Audiomack daily to discover the hottest trending music anywhere. Upload your music and submit it for Trending consideration (completely free) to get the chance to be placed in front of a massive new audience.
- SoundCloud ? This is a high-quality, popular site among artists for posting their work. With a free account, you?re limited to 2 total hours? worth of music to upload, however, that?s still a lot of songs? worth of time. SoundCloud has a huge userbase, and you?ll most likely get some likes and shares on your song very quickly. Just make sure you tag your songs appropriately in order to optimize your mixtape?s search results. You can also sync RapPad with SoundCloud to expand your reach even further.
- YouTube ? YouTube has a vast audience because it?s not just used by music artists. However, this is still a great site to get your name and work some exposure. Because YouTube is owned by Google, you can be sure your mixtape will be optimized in the Google searches.
- NoiseTrade ? If you?re looking to build a fanbase and connect with them, this is the site for you. A cool feature with this site is that fans can leave you a tip. You can see a detailed breakdown of NoiseTrade?s demographics and audience here.
- Coast2Coast Mixtapes ? This site is really indie-friendly. There are tons of opportunities to get your music exposed. Most are in the form of contest-like submissions where the top-voted songs will get chosen for inclusion of a larger themed mixtape. You?ll need to do a lot of vote-soliciting, because the competiton can be pretty tough at times. But the rewards are definitely worth it, if you?re willing to put in the work.
- indy.livemixtapes.com ? Registration to become a member is required before a mixtape can be uploaded on the site. Also, information on the mixtape also needs to be provided in order to create an account on the site.
- Reverbnation.com ? ReverbNation has helped millions of emerging artists build their careers and connected artists to venues, festivals, brands, publishers, labels, and the fans themselves. ReverbNation?s mission puts Artists First.
- Hulkshare.com? The site is known to release mixtapes daily which makes it ideal for artists that want their single out there within a short time period.
- Mixcloud.com/ ? Artists can upload their mixtape on the site and then they are categorized according to the time period when they were submitted, by the artists name and also by title. This makes it easier for users of the site to quickly find their desired mix tape.
- Greenhitz.com ? Djs and artists can upload a mixtape on the site after creating an account on the site so that they are able to sign in every time they need to make changes or add other tapes.
- 247mixtapes.com ? The site requires an artist to fill an online form providing information on their mixtape so that it can be uploaded.
- mixtapefactory.com ? The sign up for artists on the site is free and can be done through social networks as well, making it easier to upload mixtapes to be sampled by music enthusiasts.
Jason Aro is a Recording Academy Member, Music Producer, Entrepreneur, Songwriter, and ASCAP Member. He has worked in digital media, the radio business for 9 years, and has partnered with many brands. His beats and courses can be downloaded at www.KloudNineMusic.com