Jonathan Goldsmith. (born September 26, 1938) is an American actor. He began his career on the New York stage, then started a career in film and television. He appeared in several TV shows from the 1960s to the 1990s.
?Those who spend too much time shaving below the adams?s apple have too much time?
He is The Most Interesting Man in The Goldsmith advertisements for Dos Equis beer which features an older bearded, debonair gentleman. sitting in a social setting, surrounded by beautiful young women, conveying a short opinion to the viewer on certain subjects, such as bar nuts, the two-party system, self-defense, trophy wives, and ?bromance?.
?Some people know more than you. Listen to those people?
He performs feats such as freeing an angry bear from a painful-looking bear trap, shooting a pool trick shot before an audience (by shooting the cue ball out of the mouth of a man lying on the pool table), catching a marlin while cavorting in a Hemingway-esque scene with a beautiful young woman, winning an arm-wrestling match in a South American setting, surfing a killer wave, and bench pressing two young women, each seated in a chair, in a casino setting.
?Being boring is a choice, those milded salsas and pleated khakis don?t buy themselves?
The voiceovers themselves are intended to be both humorous and outrageous, and include humorous undertones to finding the Fountain of Youth but not drinking from it, ?because he wasn?t thirsty?. Other feats are more centered on his physical abilities.
The agency?s rationale for the brand strategy was defined as: ?He is a man rich in stories and experiences, much the way the audience hopes to be in the future. Rather than an embodiment of the brand, The Most Interesting Man is a voluntary brand spokesperson: he and Dos Equis share a point of view on life that it should be lived interestingly.
According to the company, U.S. sales increased each year between 2006???2010 and tripled in Canada in 2008, although exact figures were not provided. Sales of Dos Equis are said to have increased by 22% at a time when sale of other imported beer fell 4% in the U.S.
Goldsmith said in an interview that he realized how successful the campaign had been when a man came up to him in a restaurant, telling Goldsmith that the man had asked his young son what he wanted to be when he grew up, and the son replied: ?I want to be The Most Interesting Man In The World.?
The campaign was ended in 2018, lucky for you we have compiled 168 of the best Most Interesting Man In The World witty one-liners that will make your day.
1. I gave my father ?the talk?.
2. My passport has no photograph.
3. When I drive a car off the lot, its price increases in value.
4. Once a rattlesnake bit me, after 5 days of excruciating pain, the snake finally died.
5. My 5 de Mayo party starts on the 8th of March.
6. My feet don?t get blisters, but my shoes do.
7. I once went to the psychic, to warn her.
8. If I were to punch you in the face you would have to fight off a strong urge to thank me.
9. Whatever side of the tracks am currently on is the right side, even if I cross the tracks I?ll still be on the right side.
10. I can speak Russian? in French (I can french kiss a russian girl).
11. I never say something tastes like chicken.. not even chicken.
12. Superman has pijamas with my logo.
13. My tears can cure cancer, too bad I never cry.
14. The circus ran away to join me.
15. Bear hugs are what I give bears.
16. I once brought a knife to a gunfight? just to even the odds.
17. When I met the Pope, the Pope kissed my ring.
18. My friends call me by my name, my enemies don?t call me anything because they are all dead.
19. If I were to visit the dark side of the moon, it wouldn?t be dark.
20. I once won a staring contest with my own reflection.
21. I can kill two stones with one bird.
22. When a tree falls in a forest and no one is there, I hear it.
23. I once got pulled over for speeding, and the cop got the ticket.
24. The dark is afraid of me.
25. Sharks have a week dedicated to me.
26. My ten gallon hat holds twenty gallons.
27. No less than 25 Mexican folk songs have been written about my beard.
28. I once made a weeping willow laugh.
29. I live vicariously through myself.
30. My business card simply says ?I?ll Call You?.
31. I once taught a german shepherd how to bark in spanish.
32. I bowl overhand.
33. In museums, I am allowed to touch the art.
34. I am allowed to talk about the fight club.
35. I once won a fist fight, only using my beard.
36. I once won the Tour-de-France, but was disqualified for riding a unicycle.
37. A bird in my hand is worth three in the bush.
38. My lovemaking has been detected by a seismograph.
39. The Holy Grail is looking for me.
40. Roses stop to smell me.
41. I once started a fire using only dental floss and water.
42. My sweat is the cure for the common cold.
43. Bigfoot tries to get pictures of me.
44. Werewolves are jealous of my beard.
45. I once turned a vampire into a vegetarian.
46. I once won the world series of poker using UNO cards.
47. I never wear a watch because time is always on my side.
48. I have taught old dogs a variety of new tricks.
49. I have won the lifetime achievement award? twice.
50. If opportunity knocks, and I am not at home, opportunity waits.
51. Batman watches Saturday morning cartoons about me.
52. When I was young I once sent my parents to my room.
53. I once had an awkward moment, just to see how it feels.
54. My beard alone has experienced more than a lesser man?s entire body.
55. My blood smells like cologne.
56. On every continent in the world, there is a sandwich named after me. My hands feel like rich brown suede.
57. Mosquitoes refuse to bite me purely out of respect.
58. I am fluent in all languages, including three that only I speak.
59. Once while sailing around the world, I discovered a short cut.
60. Panhandlers give me money.
61. When I go to Spain, I chase the bulls.
62. My shadow has been on the ?best dressed? list twice.
63. When I holds a lady?s purse, I look manly.
64. Two countries went to war to dispute MY nationality.
65. When in Rome, they do as I do.
66. My pillow is cool on BOTH sides.
67. The Nobel Academy was awarded a prize from ME.
68. While swimming off the coast of Australia, I once scratched the underbelly of the Great White with my right han.
69. I taught Chuck Norris martial arts.
70. Time waits on no one, but me.
71. Once I ran a marathon because it was ?on the way?.
72. My mother has a tattoo that says ?Son?.
73. The star on my Christmas tree is tracked by NASA.
74. Presidents celebrate my birthday.
75. My shirts never wrinkles.
76. I have never walked into a spider web.
77. The police often question me, just because they find me interesting.
78. My organ donation card also lists my beard.
79. I dont believe in using oven mitts, nor potholders.
80. My cereal never gets soggy. It sits there, staying crispy, just for me.
81. Respected archaeologists fight over my discarded apple cores.
82. Even my tree houses have fully furnished basements.
83. My garden maze is responsible for more missing persons than the bermuda triangle.
84. If I were to say something costs an arm and a leg, it would.
85. I have never lost a game of chance.
86. I am the life of parties that I have never attended.
87. I was on a recent archaeological dig and came across prehistoric foot prints that lead out of Africa into all parts of the world. On close inspection, it turned out that the prints were mine.
88. I once caught the Loch Ness Monster?.with a cane pole, but threw it back.
89. My wallet is woven out of chupacabra leather.
90. I played a game of Russian Roulette with a fully loaded magnum, and won.
91. Freemasons strive to learn MY secret handshake.
92. If I was to pat you on the back, you would list it on your resume.
93. I am considered a national treasure in countries I have never visited.
94. Cars look both ways for me, before driving down a street.
95. I once tried to acquire a cold just to see what it felt like, but it didn?t take.
96. I have inside jokes with people I have never met.
97. Bikers walk their motorcycles past my home.
98. Bikers get tattoos of my face.
99. I have inside jokes with complete strangers.
100. When it is raining, it is because am thinking of something sad.
?Find out what it is in life you don?t do well and then don?t do that thing.?
101. If I were to mail a letter without postage, it would still get there
102. My blood smells like cologne.
103. Cuba imports cigars from me.
104. I tip an astonishing 100%.
105. I divorced my wife because I caught her littering.
106. I once flirted with danger, danger got clingy.
107. My reputation is expanding faster than the universe.
108. Regardless of the temperature you can never see my breath.
109. I have never relied on mistletoe.
110. I am the reason those nine ladies are dancing.
111. I can identify UFOs.
112. The Aztec calendar has my Cinco de Mayo party chiseled on it.
113. My piatas fights back.
114. My guacamole inspired the term ?holy guacamole?.
115. I am never filled up on chips.
116. I have won trophies for my game face alone.
117. I can make orange juice out of apples.
118. I am the only person to ever find a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.
119. Aliens have asked me to probe them.
120. Only I know why the mariachi band never stops smiling.
121. I have written piano concertos on the Ukulele.
122. My pronunciation is impeccable, even under water.
123. My tailgate parties have been known to cause game delays.
124. It has never been my bad.
125. In a past life, I was myself.
126. My morning breath has notes of saffron and a hint of lilac.
127. On multiple occasions, I have vouched for myself.
128. I can play Chopin on the drums.
129. Eskimos have seven different words to describe my beard.
130. Even my nod sounds like a plan.
131. I can steal thunder?s thunder.
132. Sasquatch has taken a photograph of me.
133. My small talk has altered foreign policy.
134. I once parallel parked a train.
135. I once gave a pep talk so compelling both teams won.
136. I can slam a revolving door.
137. My personality is so magnetic, I am unable to carry credit cards.
138. I wouldn?t be afraid to show my feminine side if I had one.
139. I am on the upgrade list for flights I haven?t even checked into.
140. I have never had to make a reservation for Valentine?s Day.
141. Hurting me only makes me more desirable.
142. My former landlord uses me as a reference.
143. I am Santa?s secret Santa.
144. I have never waited 15 minutes after finishing my meal before returning to the pool.
145. My signature won a Pulitzer.
146. I bowl overhand.
147. I don?t always drink beer, but when I do I drive.
148. Google searches me.
149. Skinny dipping was my idea.
150. I am ambidextrous.
151. I went to the Virgin Islands, now its called Islands.
152. When I eat at a restaurant, the waiter tips me.
153. My only regret is not knowing what regret feels like.
154. I skip the first date.
155. I am the only person to ever ace a Rorschach test.
156. Therapists open up to me.
157. Your second guess is as good as mine, on second thought, no its not.
158. When I whisper to a horse, it whispers back.
159. I have been known to cure narcolepsy just by walking into a room.
160. I am a lover not a fighter but am also a fighter so don?t get any ideas.
161. It has never been my bad.
162. Both sides of my pillow are cool.
163. I once received a standing ovation from a jurors box.
164. My thank you cards have prompted your welcome cards.
165. My fortune cookies simply read congratulations.
166. My words carry weight that would break a less interesting man?s jaw.
167. When I have a 50/50 shot, the odds are 80/20 in my favor.
168. My two cents is worth $37 in change.
?Happy hour is the hour after everyone from happy hour has left?
Indeed, he is the most interesting man in the world!
He then finishes the advertisement by holding a Dos Equis beer and saying,
?Stay thirsty my friends.?