Reset Xfinity Router | Change Xfinity password
Support Number [1?888?652?8714] If the Internet is running slowly, or if you are experiencing other connectivity issues with your Comcast router or modem, we recommend you to reset Xfinity Router gateway to factory defaults or simply restarting.
The exact way to reset Xfinity router or modem may vary slightly depending on the model. For Comcast router / modem combos, resetting the router to factory settings will also reset the modem. Therefore, the terms ?router?, ?modem? and ?gateway? are often used interchangeably.
There are two ways to Reset Xfinity router :
- First: Through the admin interface
- Second: Pressing the reset button
Reset Xfinity Router through the admin interface
- Open the selected web browser of your choice (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer)
- Go to http://10.0.0.1.
- The common IP of Xfinity router are given10.0.0.119184.108.40.206220.127.116.11
- Log in to your device with your username and password. The most common combination of Xfinity routers is None / None.
- The reset page may vary slightly depending on your Xfinity model. Find the following.
- Troubleshoot> Reset / Restore Gateway> Restore Factory SettingsClick the Factory Reset / Restore option and confirm as neededWait for a while until the router reboots.
Reset Xfinity Router by pressing the reset button
Use the following steps to reset the Comcast router.
- Restart Comcast router (without clearing the settings) simply unplug it, wait at least 30 seconds, then plug it in again.
- Locate the reset button, the router reset button is located on the back of the router. The reset button is small and concave and is usually a different color than the rest of the housing on the gateway.
- For example, if the gateway is black, the button may be orange or yellow. This makes it easy to identify.
- Press and hold the reset button using a paper clip or pen, gently press the reset button and press until the light on the front of the modem goes out. Release the button when the light goes out.
- Wait for the router to reinitialize after a few seconds, the router?s light turns on again. It may take a few minutes for the wireless network to reappear. Later, change Xfinity password to a more secure or memorable password.
This is how you can reset Xfinity password or change Xfinity password hope this post is helpful.