If you love science or are interested in learning more, you should check out our ?top 20? list of the very best websites where you can learn science for free. We have had a really good look at each website and have only included what we consider to be the very best.
Where we think a website is particularly excellent we have highlighted this in the description. We are not affiliated with any of these websites we just wanted to provide a useful resource for teachers, students or people just keen to learn more about the subject.
Hopefully you will find our list useful and it will save you time having to search Google. So bookmark this page, share it with your friends and above all use it to learn more about the wonderful world of science.
(1) NASA.com -This is another Space related site with lots of great information on planets, the International Space Station, photos, videos, the journey to Mars, interviews, technology, aeronautics and lots more.
(2) Scitable ? This science website is where you can learn pretty much everything you will ever need to know about science. You can read the blog, talk to other people, groups and even apply for jobs.
(3) Space.com ? This is a great scientific resource for astronomy, star gazing, sky watching, news, the search for life, photos, articles, information on planets etc. Basically everything you will ever need to now about space and science can be found at Space.com.
4) Nature.com ? This site really offers everything a budding scientist will ever need including news, research, biological sciences, environmental sciences, health sciences and physical sciences (basically the whole package).
(5) Sciencedirect.com ? This excellent science site covers all of the sciences including physical sciences, environmental sciences, life sciences, engineering, social sciences and humanities. Some of the information is free and some you have to purchase.
(6) Howstuffworks.com ? This is an awesome site that explains how everything works. There is a massive section that covers all you need to know about science including life science, innovation, engineering and nature. There is also a great section with a complete scientific dictionary.
(7) Sciencedaily.com ? This excellent resource covers energy, bacteria, nuclear energy, physics, astronomy, Space and time, chemistry, nanotechnology, quantum physics and lots more. This is probably one of the best on our list and a resource that covers everything related to science.
(8) Scientificamerican.com ? If you want to know all about evolution, Space, biology, physics, neuroscience, and chemistry then you need to take a look at Scientific American. You can read their excellent blog and even subscribe to their magazine that goes back to 1845!
(9) Smithsonian.com ? This awesome resource covers human behaviour, Space, the cosmos, how humans developed, science and the mind and body. There are hundreds of articles that cover everything from new medications to ?what?s the point of ear wax??. The amount of information they cover is amazing.
(10) Newscientist.com ? This is one of the most well known scientific websites that covers technology, news, health, physics, life, humans, Space, planets and lots more. You can also subscribe to their magazine and get regular updates.
(11) Sciencemag.org ? This is a massive resource where you can read scientific journals, ecology, Space, evolution, medicine, disease, conservation, botany, cell biology, chemistry, anthropology, medicine and lots more. You can also get updates on their blog, listen to their pod casts and read their journal.
(12) Popsci.com ? This site makes science really easy and accessible to everyone without dumbing it down. You can read the trending subjects, watch videos and read the blog.
(13) Treehugger.com -Treehugger is a really responsive science site that has regular updates on plants, wildlife, animals, Space, weather, technology and lots more. There are literally thousands of posts you can choose from.
(14) Livescience.com ? This is pretty cool site which has some really interesting stories. If you like strange science facts then you will love the section covering strange news. You can also learn about Space, planet earth, possible alien life, animals, human nature and lots more.
(15) Physicscentral.com ? This isn?t the best looking website but it covers everything to do with physics. We really love the ?ask a physicist? section where you can ask any question you want and get a real answer from an expert. You can also search through hundreds of scientific articles. The physics buzz section is fairly good but they don?t post daily which is shame. However, the ?ask a physicist? section makes up for the buzz (blog?s) lack of daily posts.
(16) AAAS.org (American Association for the Advancement of Science). This is a useful resource for neuroscience related information, news stories, conservation, Space, planets, social science, conservation, human development and a whole lot more.
(17) Sciencenews.org ? This is also high on our list of one of the best science website online. There are numerous articles posted daily and there isn?t any area of science that isn?t covered. Sciencenews covers atoms, cosmos, body, brain, earth, environment, genes, cells, life, evolution, humans, society, maths, technology, matter and energy. As you can see there isn?t much that this website doesn?t cover. You can also read their blog, read their magazine, subscribe to their Youtube channel and catch up on the ?editors picks? which focuses on current scientific news.
(18) NOVA ? If you want to know about Space, science, flight, evolution, nature, physics, technology, engineering, ancient worlds, maths and a whole lot more then you should take a look at Nova. There are over 400 videos that you can watch and you can also take a look at their daily blog too.
(19) NPR.org ? This is an awesome resource where you can get basically everything you will ever need to know about science, energy, Space, technology and also get up-to-date interesting facts and information all related to science. This is a great website for students, teachers and people interested in learning more about the subject.
(20) Plos.org ? This is the public library of science website and you can read, share and distribute all of the excellent information (as long as you credit the original author). There are a variety of different subjects covered including disease, biology, medicine, computer science, genetics and pathogens. You can also read hundreds of journals, submit your own research, search for jobs and read their excellent blog.
We hope you found our resource useful. Please share the information with your friends but more importantly use the resources to learn as much about science as possible. If you want to check out more great information and interesting stories take a look at our most excellent website, Mashster.