Before getting to know how they differ from each other, what is them and how they will benefit your application.
It is one of the object-based scripting languages which is also lightweight in terms of memory and support for cross-platform development.
These scripts are used in the HTML pages which will be executed automatically as the page loads.
And one more thing about these scripts is provided and executed as plain text and does not need special preparation or compilation to run.
It gives the option for validation of user input before the page gets sent off to the server.
Forgiving user pleasant experience, interfaces can be created where a mouse hovers by the user over the interface will produce a reaction.
3.Low reloading speed
It references any code immediately to the user so they can see changes within you have updated it. Developers will not need to wait for the page to reload.
4.Date and Time:
It has the provision of a greeting user depending on what time of day it is along with the date.
TypeScript is also an open-source pure object-oriented programming language.
The TypeScript source file is in the ?.ts? extension which lets to run on any devices.
Anyone can use the ?.js? file to valid the TypeScript file by renaming it to the ?.ts? file.
History of TypeScript
Microsoft under the Apache 2 license. developed the TypeScript and also maintained under it.
Anders Hejlsberg developed TypeScript. It was first introduced to the public in the month of 1st October 2012.
Microsoft released a new version of TypeScript 0.9 in 2013 After two years of internal development. The current version is TypeScript 3.4.5 which was released on 24 April 2019.
Features of TypeScript
1.Some Basic Features:
With many browsers to the operating system, TypeScript is compatible with it.
Even it doesn?t require any specific virtual machine or a runtime environment for execution.
Transpiler offers the error-checking feature in TypeScript.
You are allowed to focus on the errors on the coding before running the actual script on the compiler. This possible because it compiles the code during coding and produces compilation errors.
With TypeScript, you can expect static type-checking. It is done at compile time. Anyone can locate errors while typing the code so you need not wait until the actual execution of the code.
5. DOM Management:
For addition and removal of elements in DOM TypeScript could be useful.
How to use TypeScript?
Any can write a TypeScript code in files followed with the .ts extension.
We have seen some basic definition and the features of both scripts, let?s now compare them and find out more about both the languages.
- Typescript: A powerful type of object-oriented compile language.
Designed & developed by:
- Typescript: Anders Hejlsberg at Microsoft
- Typescript: A highly lightweight interpreted coding language
Server Side/ Client Side:
- Typescript: Particularly employed in client side.
- Typescript: .ts, .tsx
- Typescript: Syntax refers to the set of rules and processes for coding or writing programs. Every programming language specifies its own bit of syntax. A type script program comprises Functions, Modules, Statement & Expressions, Variables and Comments.
2. TypeScript: Code must be annotated constantly to get the most out of TypeScript Features.
Time for Coding
1. TypeScript: Takes time to compile the code
1. TypeScript: Has an interface which permits to connect with other applications
Which to choose?
- Typescript: As Typescript is an object-oriented language, it makes the code more reusable, simple, clean and consistent.So it is recommended to employ Typescript for building huge projects.
On a final note?
Typescript is compiled to JS which can be employed for any JS code; therefore, Typescript comes with more benefits which makes it more commonplace and popular. We are also seeing more improvements with each release and amazing typescript features added with subsequent releases.