The ultimate guide to talking dirty over text
Photo by Jae Park on Unsplash
With most of the world under semi-mandatory quarantine and physical contact becoming taboo, more and more people are wondering how to sext and searching for sexting ideas online. I?ve always enjoyed sexting and have had several long-distance relationships in my life where talking dirty over text was our main form of intimacy.
Sexting can be a tricky skill to pick up, because many people have deep-rooted fears or misconceptions related to sex in general, not to mention talking dirty.
What is Sexting?
Sexting is the art of talking dirty via text message. It is closely linked with phone sex, and can also be accomplished over instant messaging programs such as Skype or WhatsApp.
How Can I Get Better at Sexting?
If you want to improve your electronic dirty talk skills, you?re going to have to put your head down and practice. Sounds terrible, right? Well, for a lot of people it can be pretty scary, or seem silly. That?s why I say the best way to get better at sexting is practice. But you can?t just go through the motions ? you have to mean everything you say. You have to explore your real, deep fantasies with your partner via text message.
Is Sexting Normal in a Relationship?
Sexting is both common and perfectly normal in and out of committed relationships. According to an article on sexting run by the American Psychological Association, over 80% of people surveyed reported having sexted in the past year, and almost 75% said they sexted as part of a committed relationship. In short, sexting is an ordinary part of human intimacy in 2020.
How to Talk Dirty to a Girl / Guy Over Text
If you?re wondering specifically how to sext a girl or how to sext a guy, or if you?re worrying about how to sext in a same-sex relationship, here?s my advice: don?t overthink it. After all, when you have sex do you stand back and over-analyze every little detail, or do you simply indulge in the amazing experience of joining together with your partner? Hopefully, you indulge, and you should do the same thing when talking dirty over text. Let them know what you want, and you?ll be likely to turn your partner on.
Photo by Yura Fresh on Unsplash
What Seductive Language Should I Use?
Opinions vary on which words are the sexiest, but that?s to be expected because opinions also vary on what is sexy. In other words, you shouldn?t overthink this either, you should just do what comes naturally. For example, if you?re a writer and your partner is attracted to that about you, they may be seduced by your elegant vocabulary and use of strong verbs. If on the other hand they?re attracted to you because you?re direct and take what you want, keeping things short and to the point will probably be in your best interest.
How to Sext ? 24 Sexting Examples to Turn Anyone On
Not all of these will apply to everyone, but at least some of them should work on just about anyone. I wouldn?t recommend copying any of these directly (you never know who else has read this post!) but you can certainly use them for inspiration.
Simple and to the Point Sexting Ideas
These sexting examples will get your partner going with no distractions.
- You?re making me hard.
- You?re making me wet.
- I want you inside me.
- I need to feel your warmth.
- I want your skin against mine.
- I want you to fuck me.
- Someone needs a spanking.
- I miss the taste of your sweat.
Notice how easy it is to flip many of these around, making them applicable regardless of your gender or sexual orientation. But not everyone likes simple and to the point.
Lots of people (women especially) consume ?porn? in the form of literature (erotica) rather than video. Because of this, some folks really get turned on by longer texts with lots of seductive language.
- I haven?t been able to work all day because I?ve been thinking about your trembling body tangled between mine and the sheets.
- I woke up today and realized I wouldn?t be able to make it through without hearing you moan my name.
- My bed still smells like you, and it?s making me want to spend all day in it dreaming. If I don?t get any work done it?s your fault? and I?ll have to punish you?
- Your mouth is all I can think about, all over my body? I want to feel your tongue caress every inch of me before you have your way with me.
Notice how whereas the short sexting examples are purely based on desire, the longer sexts tend to actually tell a story. This is important because the goal of sexting isn?t just to turn your partner on and get off together ? it?s to share a few special moments of your life with them.
Kinky Sexting Examples
This is probably what you?re really after ? the kinky sexting examples. The kinkier the better, right? If you don?t answer ?yes?, you may not want to read this section!
- You belong on your knees in front of me? but since we can?t be together, I?ll settle for having you on your knees.
- You may not be able to worship me with your mouth, but you can still worship me with your words. Tell me how much you need me.
- Who do you belong to?
- You?re going to need to gather up a few things. Candles, clothespins, and ice cubes for starters?
Kinky sexting is a lot of fun because it can get super creative, and some kinky individuals tend to have very few limits surrounding what they?re willing to try, especially on their own. But sexting isn?t JUST about sex! It can also be a great fuel for your long-distance romance.
Romantic Sexting Examples
If you need to keep the fire in your partner?s heart raging (not just the fire in their um, pants) then you?ll want to mix at least a little romance in with the sexy stuff. Some people will also just respond better to a more respectful/formal approach.
- No one has ever made me feel this way before? I can?t stand being without your touch this long.
- When I look up at night and see the stars, and I realize we?re always together, one way or another? but I want to be with you. I want to feel you.
- I love you so much I wanted to write you a poem? but trying made me so horny, I had to stop and take care of myself.
- When all this is over I?m going to take you to my bed and I?m never going to let you leave.
To write a romantic sext, be honest with your emotions but let at least a little dirty talk or intent creep in. It?s best to be at least somewhat original or unique, but on occasion cliche dirty talk can work as well.
Cliche Sexting Ideas
The thing about cliche sexts is that everyone has heard them before, but that?s usually because they were effective at one time or another. If you?re attempting to be humorous or your partner is turned on by your sense of humor, a cliche line might work in your favor. You can also use a well-known line but find a way to put a unique twist on it.
- You?re my angel. No, seriously? you developed amnesia after that terrible fall.
- I?m going to love you like my boss is watching. Because she actually is watching and I need to get back to work.
- If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me? What about some hand stuff?
- I want to do what bunnies do with you? let?s play hide the eggs!
Reflecting On How to Talk Dirty Over Text
Sexting has been around for quite awhile now, but it?s only going to get more popular in the coming weeks, months, and years. So whether you?re in a relationship or you?re seeking one, use this guide to hone your skills and come up with some sexy ideas you can text to your partner.