Alight, I use this technique usually and it helped me reduce a 900mb ISO file to a few mb .rar file.
Yeah, you heard it right a 900mb file to a mere a few mbs file, but do remember that this totally depends on the type of file.
Let me break this into 2 parts.
Part#1 : Configuring the Winrar settings.
- Step 1 : Open the winrar application.
- Step 2 : Go to Options > Settings or just hold the Ctrl + S.
- Step 3 : In the settings window go to the Compression tab and under compression profiles, click on the Create Default? button.
- Step 4 : Now under the Set default compression options click on the Compression method and select Best.
- Step 5 : Under the Archiving options check Create solid archive and Lock archive. This must now look something like this.
- Step 6 : Go to the advanced tab and click on the compression option.
- Step 7 : Under the Text Compression option select Auto, set the Prediction order to 63 and Memory to use to 128 mb.
- Step 8 : Click on OK and exit Winrar.
Part#2 : Compressing your file
- Right click on the file you want to compress and select the Add to ?filename.rar?
- Wait for the compression to finish and once this is done you?ve finally got your highly compressed file.
Good Luck !
If this post helped you, show some love with claps and comments. Also, you can Buy me Coffee (support me) by clicking the button below.