It is a standard practice to click on an app?s icon to launch it; however, there are times when it leads to issues. Stdole32.tlb error in Excel is such an issue, and we will help you fix it easily. So, here are the steps to fix the error.
Source: How to Fix Stdole32.tlb Excel 2007 Error on Windows 10?
Fix Microsoft Office 2007
In case you intend to fix MS Office 2007, then you can opt to follow the below-mentioned guidelines.
- Go to the Start button, and right-click on it. Then choose ?Apps and Features.?
- It instant opens the Apps and Features settings screen on the system page.
- Navigate to the right-hand side panel and find the Microsoft Office 2007.
- You should click on it and select the option Modify.
- Another screen of MS Office brings up, choose the Repair option. Once you select the fix, choose the Continue option.
- Now, you have to wait until the PC completes the repairing procedure.
Uninstall and Install Office Again
The simple trick that functions the majority of the time is to uninstall and install Office again properly. However, simply uninstalling the program does not delete it leftovers from the system. So, you should attempt to take the guide of a third party utility that should eliminate all the elements of Office from the system.
Modify Registry Key Permission
MS experts recommend changing the registry permission as after modifying the registry permission of Excel, the problem will get fixed. But as a preventive action, you require to store a registry backup database. It will guide you to get back to the default state if you wrong configuration.
If the users are trying to export registry, then they should carefully apply the given steps.
- Go to the search section beside the Start Menu and input ?regedit? into it.
- In case User Account Control opens for the permissions, select the yes button.
- Upon launching the Registry Editor screen, click on the File option from the upper left-hand side of the screen and choose the Export.
- Navigate to the new prompt screen, input a name into the File Name section. Put out to the Export range at the lower left-hand side of the screen, too, as choose All option. Before leaving the screen, select the Save option.
In case you intend to modify permission, then you can opt to follow the below-mentioned guidelines.
- Go to the Registry Editor and reach the pursuing path: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTExcel.Chart.8.
- After reaching the Excel.Chart.8, do a right-click and choose the Permissions option from the list of options.
- A fresh prompt will bring up in the Permissions name for Excel.Chart.8.
- Then find and select the Add option.
- Navigate to the next section and continue to the ?Enter the object names to select (examples)? field and input ?Everyone? into the section.
- You should select the ?Check Names? thereafter and select the OK button.
- Click on the Advanced option on the Permissions section.
- Select the ?Change? link next to the Owner field.
- You have to continue to ?Enter the object names to select (examples):? field and input ?Everyone? into it.
- Then select the OK button when you complete.
- Go to the Apply button and select the OK option on the Advanced Permissions screen.
- Going back to the Permissions for Excel.Chart.8 section, choose the Everyone option.
- Navigate to the Permissions field, tick the option for ?Full Control? and ?Read.?
- Finally, select the Apply button and choose the OK options.
- Reopen the Registry Editor by holding the F5 button.
- You will view a fresh subkey beneath the ?Excel.Chart.8? in the Protocol name.
- Redo the over procedure for modifying the permission of the subkey. You should observe different subkey beneath the Protocol by the ?StdFileEditingServer? name once you refresh the Registry Editor.
- Now shut the Registry database and restart the system. Look for the error once you begin by running MX Excel.
Remove Office Keys from Registry Editor
If the users are trying to remove Office keys from Registry Editor, then they should carefully apply the given steps.
- You should open the Registry Editor on your system.
- After that, a search of the pursuing path on the left-hand side panel of the Registry: ?HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftOffice.?
- You should view the subkey Excel, Delete it.
- Continuing forward, launch the subfolders ?8.0, 9.0, 10.0, 11.0 and 12.0? and remove subkeys for Excel. In case you locate a few issues during removing them.
- If you look at a verification section prior to removing, select the OK button in sort to remove.
- Once more to go to the pursuing path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREWow6432NodeMicrosoftOffice
- Remove the subkeys of Excel in a similar method.
- Finally, exit the Registry Editor and reboot the Windows 10 system.
I?m Marco Nixon. I am a specialist in information security and digital forensics with over 5+ years of experience. Expert with a wide variety of security, networking, and operating system software. I?m interested to write about Cybersecurity, malware, the internet, and new media. He writes for office security products at office.com/setup.