MOV, a common multimedia container file format, is used to save videos exported from video editing tools (e.g. iMovie), recorded by digital cameras or QuickTime, etc. If you have collections of music videos that end in .mov and wish to convert them to MP3 for better compatible, here we will show you how to convert MOV to MP3 on Mac.
#1. Cisdem Video Converter
Cisdem Video Converter is a remarkable app that boasts amazing features that wholesome for video formatting operations. It helps you convert MOV to MP3 or other 500+ formats with super-fast speed. Apart from its amazing conversion properties, it also lets you tweak the audio parameters like bit rate, channel, quality, and more.
Basic functions of the software:
- Convert MOV to over 500 formats, including MP3, MP4, AAC, WMA, etc.
- Convert MOV to MP3 Mac in batch assuring 100% quality retention
- Download any music file from more than 1000 streaming sites.
- Edit, enhance & customize your MOV files.
- Ensure compatibility with both old & new devices
- Rip MOV DVD movies to any formats (DVD ripper)
- Share your MOV videos to YouTube directly
How to Convert MOV to MP3 on Mac:
Step 1. Download the program
Download Cisdem MOV to MP3 Converter right now! >>
Step 2. Import MOV video files
Launch the software and load the MOV media files to the convert tab.
You can drag the files into the converter straightly or add files from Media Browser.
Step 3. Choose output format
Once you have uploaded MOV files, you can now choose an output format. Navigate the cursor to the lower right corner and open ?Convert all tasks to? list > select General Audio > MP3 Audio.
Step 4. Start the batch conversion process.
Specify the output location and click the icon. Once the conversion is complete, your MOV files will be saved MP3 on Mac.
iTunes works with MP3, AAC, AIFF, Apple Lossless, and WAV sound file formats. You are able to use this built-in tool to convert MOV to MP3 on Mac with just a few steps.
- Drag-n-drop the audio-only MOV files to your iTunes Library.
- From the menu bar, go to iTunes > Presences > General tab > Import Settings > MP3 Encoder > OK.
- Choose the imported MOV files in iTunes Library. Go to File > Convert > Create MP3 Version.
FreeFileConvert is a free online tool that supports 8337 various combinations of conversions between audio, video, image, document, archive, presentation, vector, etc. But it only empowers you to batch convert up to 5 files and can?t larger than 300MB totally. Now, let?s take a look at the steps on how to convert MOV to MP3 Mac online.
- Click the ?Choose File? button to upload MOV files. Or you can add the file through URL or Cloud Service (Google Drive, Dropbox).
- Select output format from Audio formats > MP3.
- Start to save MOV to MP3 online free. Note: the max converting time will last for 12 hours.
Can QuickTime Export MOV to MP3 on Mac?
The answer is no. I took a test on QuickTime Player version 10.4, it only allows me to export MOV to M4A or change the video quality between 4K, 1080p, 720p, and 480p (your original video quality can?t lower than the resolution that you want to convert):
1. Open the MOV video with QuickTime Player.
2. Go to File > Export As > Audio Only.
Can iMovie Change MOV to MP3 on Mac?
The answer is no, either. iMovie merely lets you export the audio track to MP3 (or AAC, AIFF, WAV):
1. Drag the audio tracks into the iMovie app.
2. From the top right corner, click the share icon > File.
3. From the pop-up File window, choose Format as Audio Only and File Format as MP3.
But when you try to convert MOV to MP3 Mac in iMovie, the ?Next?? button that for exporting file will become gray.
All the solutions suggested above do well in converting MOV to MP3 on Mac. The free and online ways are convenient and save your money, while using a piece of dedicated software (the advanced way) is more helpful and offers rich functions, such as tweaking parameter of the output MP3 file.