If you don?t have Recover Skype Account, we look for the most common reasons why and how to get your account back or Reset Skype Password.
Skype is video chat software that allows you to connect with your loved ones from anywhere in the world. It is a free and easy way to stay connected. It?s easy to get your Skype account back if it?s hacked. You can also recover a lost or forgotten password or username.
Steps to Recover Skype Account
You can improve your forgotten Skype password by following some of the easy steps. These are the steps that you or any other user needs to develop:
Reset Skype Password
- You must visit the Skype login page and enter the requested details there, such as the Skype username. Now click on the Next button.
- After this you need to click on the ?I forgot my password? option which will redirect you to the new page. Once you do, you will be redirected to the original page where you will be asked for the appropriate reason.
I forgot my Skype Account password
- I know my password but I cannot log in.
- If you think someone else is using my Microsoft account
- Since you have forgotten the password, you must select the option ?I forgot my password?. After this, click on the ?next? button.
- On the next page, you will get the CAPTCHA in the form of the image, click the Next button.
- Once you?re done with that, you need to verify your identity. For that, you need to select the options like.
- Mail identification
- Text messages to the phone number.
- I don?t have any of these
Recover Skype password in web browser
Generally your Skype account is your Microsoft account. You can retrieve your Skype password with the live account in your browser. It is the account you use to log in to Skype, Outlook.com, One-driver, Windows Phone and Xbox Live. Then you can also reset your Skype password here:
Note: This method also works on your Skype desktop computer.
- Open a live account in your browser. Or start Skype on your desktop, enter your email or phone number or Skype name, then click I forgot my password.
- Select I forgot my password and click Next.
- Enter your email address or phone number associated with your Skype account, or your Skype name, enter the character you see to verify (if you can?t see it clearly, click New to update), then click Next to continue.
- You will receive an email with a Microsoft code, enter the code and click Next. If you can?t access the email address now, click I can?t access this verification option.
- Then you can enter another email address that you can access to retrieve your Skype password. Just follow the on-screen instructions to do.
- Enter your new password and repeat it to confirm, then click Next. Please note that the password must be a minimum of 8 characters and case sensitive.
- You have successfully reset your Skype password and click Next to log in to your Microsoft account again.
This is easy, right? If this method doesn?t work for you, don?t worry. You can recover the forgotten Skype password on your phone.
Recover Skype password on mobile phone
You can also reset your Skype password from Skype on your mobile phone. To do so, follow the instructions below:
Note: The following screenshots come from iPhone, but fixes also work on Android devices.
- Start Skype on your phone and go to the login screen.
- Enter your Skype email address or phone number, or your Skype name. Then tap Next.
- Tap I forgot my password.
- Select I forgot my password and tap Next.
- Enter your Skype email address and enter the characters you see to check (if you can?t see clearly, tap New to update), then tap Next.
- You will receive an email with a Microsoft verification code, enter that code and tap Next.
- Enter your new Skype password and re-enter it to confirm, then tap Next.You have now successfully reset your Skype password. You can tap Next to redirect to the login screen to sign in to your Skype with the new password.
That?s! The easy tutorial on how to recover a forgotten Skype password. Feel free to add a comment below to share your thoughts.
Recovering your lost or forgotten password or username
If you don?t remember your password, you can reset it on the password reset page. You will need to enter the email address associated with your account and click ?send?. You will receive a temporary code that you can use to connect to the website. Reset your password with a strong password that is easy to remember.
If you forgot your password but cannot access your email, it is still possible to reset your password. You can do it by following these steps;
1. Find the account recovery form
2. You must provide your email, Skype name and phone number. Find a different email that you can access and provide it too
3. Submit the form
4. It can take up to 24 hours for your information to be received and verified. A reply will be sent to the email address you provided
If you forgot your username, you can restore it by following these steps;
1. Go to the Skype login page
2. Click on ?More login options?
3. Click on the ?I forgot my username? option
4. Enter a phone number or email associated with your Microsoft account
5. You will receive a security code in the email or phone number you provided
6. Enter the security code and tap ?Next?
7. This option will allow you to see all the accounts associated with your email or phone number. Part of the username will remain hidden
8. Once you see the account you want to sign in to, select ?Sign In?.
Recover a hacked Skype account
Many Skype users report that their accounts have been compromised. Hackers can use your account to transact or send spam. If you think your account has been compromised, you should change the password as soon as possible. You can change your password by following these simple steps;
1. Open the Account Management page
2. Click on the ?Change password? option at the bottom of the page. You can find this option under ?Settings and Preferences?.
3. Click on the ?Enter Password? field and enter the password you used to log in
4. Click on connect
5. Enter your current password, then your new password twice
6. Click on ?Save? to update your new password
Once your password has been changed, you can contact Skype and report the problem. Use two-step verification on your Microsoft account to secure your account. It is difficult for others to log into your account.
Skype customer service
- The user can follow the simple steps and can get the process of ?I forgot my Skype username? or ?I forgot my Skype password?. But there may be other problems and you may need help. So if you?re stuck with any one of them, you can get support from Skype customer service. Once you contact them, you can get the solution to the problem without wasting time.