This Wikicue teaches you how to recover a deleted Gmail account within two days of deleting it. Keep in mind that you can?t usually recover a deleted Gmail account after two days.
Recover a recently deleted Google Account
If you have deleted your Google Account, you may be able to recover it. If it has been a while since you last deleted your account, you may not be able to recover your account data. Recover Deleted Gmail Account If you recover your account, you will be able to sign in to Gmail, Google Play, and other Google services as usual.
How To Recover Deleted Gmail Account
Follow the steps to recover your account.
- You will be asked a few questions to confirm that this is your account. Respond as best you can.
- If you?re having trouble, try the tips to complete the account recovery steps.
- If your account is recovered, create a password that you have not already used with this account. Learn how to create a strong password.
- Act quickly. After deleting a Gmail account, you only have a maximum of two business days to recover the account.
- This is different from the recovery period for Google accounts, which is between two and three weeks.
- Open the Google recovery page. Go to https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery in your browser. This will open a page with a text field.
- Enter your e-mail adress. Type the address of the Gmail account you deleted.
- Click on Next. There is a blue button under the text field.
- If you see a message here that your email doesn?t exist or has been deleted, you can?t recover your Gmail account.
- Type in your password. In the text field in the middle of the page, enter the password for your email address.
- Click on Next. It is below the text field.
- Click Continue when prompted. This will take you to the account creation page, where you can reset your old email address.
- Check your account information. You should see your old email address here, as well as your phone number and recovery email address.
- If everything seems up to date, you can continue.
- If necessary, you can update certain aspects of your account here before continuing.
- Click on Submit. There is a blue button under the account information section.
- Enter a phone number. In the text field in the middle of the page, enter a phone number where you can receive an SMS.
- If you do not have an SMS compatible phone, you can check the ?Call? box on this page before continuing. This will allow Google to call the number rather than text it.
- Click Continue. It?s near the bottom of the page. Google will send your phone an SMS with a verification code.
- Get your verification code. Open the application or the Messages section of your phone, open the text from Google and check the six-digit code in the message.
- If you chose to have Google call you, take the call, and then write down the code as prompted.
- Enter the verification code. On your computer, enter the code in the text field in the middle of the page.
- Click Continue. It can be found under the verification code field. As long as the code is correct, this will recover your email account and bring you back to the Google Account page.
- Open your Gmail account. Go to https://www.gmail.com/ in your browser. This will open the inbox of the previously deleted account, but you may need to log into the account first.
How to recover username from Google account?
Before recovering your username, Google will ask you a few questions to confirm if the account is yours. Answer these questions to the best of your ability to retrieve your credentials.
Step 1: Open the Google Login / Account Recovery page and click on the ?Forgotten Email? link.Click on Forgotten Email ? How to Recover Username from Google Account
Step 2: Enter the recovery email or phone number associated with the account.Note: If you are trying to recover an administrator account, the recovery email address must have a different domain.
Once you have given the email / phone number, Google will ask for your first and last name which was specified with the Google account you are trying to recover.
Step 3: enter your first and last name.
If the information you provided was correct, Google will send a verification code to the email address / phone number you provided.
Step 4: Enter the verification code that was sent and click ?Next?.Google will now display all accounts associated with the recovery information you have provided.
Step 5: Choose your account and enter the password to log in.